Sadly, but almost inevitably, it looks like Christmas is about to be cancelled, as Boris Johnson caves in to pressure to plunge the country back into lockdown over the festive season. Ministers are already warning that the rules will be strictly enforced and police chiefs are calling on members of the public to grass up their neighbours who refuse to follow the Rule of Six and other restrictions. No pantos, no live music, no traditional carol services. It really is going to be a bleak midwinter. As Mud once sang: ‘It’ll be lonely this Christmas.’ So this column has put together a special, star-spangled concert, packed with Christmas favourites to keep you company during the dark days ahead. RICHARD LITTLEJOHN:No pantos, no live music, no traditional carol services. It really is going to be a bleak midwinter It was recorded shortly before lockdown in front of a socially-distanced audience at the London Palladium. So let the sleigh ride begin. Feel free to sing along . . . Laydees and gennulmen, we open our show with a specially rewritten version of an international smash hit. It’s just come out as a single, available for download, with all proceeds going to the… Read full this story
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: The Tory Twit of the Year race takes to the field
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN wishes self-obsessed MPs would stop chamber selfies
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Uncle Rich's A to Z of remain
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Life's too short to measure a goldfish
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN says we need divine intervention to leave the EU
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: A cabinet with Mary Berry to heal Brexit division?
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Democracy? It's all gone Humpty Dumpty
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: May has broken Brexit... now it has broken her
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN on handing out free condoms to the over-60s
- RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: Call off this carnival of muck-raking
RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: So here it is Merry Christmas, nobody's having fun have 304 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 30, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.