The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had previously attended the launch of one of the 112 Hold Still community exhibition sites at Waterloo Station.
The photography contest, launched by the Duchess in May, invited people of all ages from across the UK to submit a photographic portrait which they had taken during lockdown.
Kate, 39, and William, 38, went on to travel to St. Bartholomew’s Hospital to speak to frontline workers including Joyce Duah, a specialist oncology pharmacist at the hospital.
Kate Middleton made a quick change today as she she swapped her crimson Alexander McQueen coat for a chic blue suit to film with Kate Garraway for the Pride of Britain Awards in London
It was outside St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, where they travelled this morning to speak to frontline workers, that they were later spotted – donning matching blue suits – meeting Good Morning Britain host Kate
Kate Middleton, 38, appeared effortlessly elegant earlier today as she was joined by Prince William, 38, to launch her lockdown photography exhibition by meeting one of subjects
It was outside the hospital that they were later spotted – donning matching blue suits – meeting Good Morning Britain host Kate.
The royal couple appeared to be being interviewed for the Pride of Britain Awards later this month. This will be the first time Kate has been involved in the awards, while William last attended the ceremony in 2017.
Earlier in the day Kate donned a simple monochrome outfit beneath her scarlet coat, pairing a chic white T-shirt with a mid-length black pleated skirt and a pair of black heels.
The royal accessorised with a small black leather bag, by Grace Han, which comes with a price tag of £1,595.
Kate made a quick change of attire for this later engagement, sporting a vibrant blue two-piece with wide-leg trousers and an asymmetric blazer
The Duchess of Cambridge sported a shirt of a brighter blue beneath her navy suit, while William also wore a blue ensemble
Get suited and booted in Kate’s smart blazer by Smythe
The Duchess of Cambridge joined Kate Garraway and the Duke of Cambridge to film for the Pride of Britain Awards today.
Naturally, she dressed for the occasion in a navy blazer by iconic brand Smythe with trousers to match and a blue shirt. To complete the look, she’s accessorised with ‘Alia’ hoops by Spells of Love.
Since she first appeared wearing the jacket in 2011, she’s worn it plenty of times proving it’s a staple. We love the navy shade that’s super sophisticated, along with the nod to the military trend thanks to the gold buttons. Smythe’s signature cut-out flap on the reverse is a nice touch too.
Add Kate’s regal jacket to your wardrobe by clicking (right)…
Or get the look for less by browsing our alternatives in the carousel from Next, Marks and Spencer or House Of Bruar.
* PRICES MAY NOT BE AS ADVERTISED
GMB star Kate looked glamorous in a silk floral gown with long sleeves in shades of blue, purple and yellow
It could be that both William and Kate opted to wear matching blue to show their support for and pay tribute to the NHS
Neither of the Cambridges wore a face mask for their encounter with Ms Garraway, whose husband Derek Draper continues to battle coronavirus in hospital after being admitted back in March
The royal couple didn’t wear a mask, most likely because the engagement took place outdoors
Kate was earlier joined by Prince William to meet with one of the subjects from her lockdown photography competition at Waterloo Station.
The Duchess launched the Hold Still community photography project in May, and invited people of all ages, from across the UK, to submit a photographic portrait which they had taken during lockdown.
The mother-of-three received more than 31,000 entries from members of the public in just six weeks and last month unveiled the top 100 images in a digital exhibition.
The Duke later donned a blue face covering as he joined the Duchess at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital in London, to mark the launch of the nationwide ‘Hold Still’ community photography project
Later, Kate opted to wear a face mask as she and Prince William visited the St. Bartholomew’s Hospital in London, where they met with emergency services staff
Feeling peckish sir? Prince William surprised diners in KFC at the London station as he waved to them through the glass window
Portraits from the competition have now gone on show in 80 towns, cities and areas across the UK, bringing the stories of individuals and families during lockdown back to their communities.
But she made a quick change of attire for this later engagement, sporting a vibrant blue two-piece with wide-leg trousers and an asymmetric blazer, atop a deeper blue shirt – while William remained in the blue suit he’d worn throughout the day.
GMB star Kate looked glamorous in a silk floral gown with long sleeves in shades of blue, purple and yellow.
It could be that both William and Kate opted to wear matching blue to show their support for and pay tribute to the NHS.
Neither of them wore a face mask for their encounter with Ms Garraway, whose husband Derek Draper continues to battle coronavirus in hospital after being admitted back in March.
The Duchess could be seen stepping out of a car on the way to Waterloo wearing a pretty floral face covering before she removed the mask for the outdoors visit
The royal wore her soft brunette locks in her customary bouncy blow-dry style and kept her make-up neutral for the royal visit this afternoon
Since being hospitalised in March, Derek has become the longest person battling Covid-19 in the UK, and remains in intensive care after being in a coma for several months.
In July Garraway was welcomed back to Good Morning Britain after taking time off while her husband is ill.
The royal couple travelled to Waterloo station by car, with the Duchess opting for a floral face mask for the journey before stepping out and removing the covering for the appearance, which took place outdoors.
Meanwhile Prince William surprised diners at the station’s KFC as he waved to them through the glass window of the cafe.
The mother-of-three wore her soft brunette locks in a bouncy blow dry for the visit and added a touch of glamour to her outfit with hoop earrings. She sported glamorous make-up with a pink lipstick and a dark smokey eye for the event.
The Duchess wowed in a crimson coat during the visit to Waterloo station this morning to view a portrait from her Hold Still contest
The royals went on to meet with Head of Pharmacy Sotiris Antoniou during their visit to the hospital in London, where they discussed the work of frontline staff during the Covid-19 crisis
The Duke and Duchess joined pharmacist Joyce, as well as her colleagues Amelia and Dipal, at the hospital to talk about the project and discuss the impact of Covid-19
- Meet Charlotte Elizabeth Diana! Kate Middleton, Prince William reveal daughter’s name
- 'I'm naming this award Harry, because it's coming back to the US with me!' Awkward-looking Prince William and Kate Middleton can't help laughing as Margot Robbie reads Brad Pitt's cheeky Megxit quip at BAFTAs
- Prince William and Kate Middleton share a glimpse inside their home office at Kensington Palace while Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis 'love the freedom of the spacious gardens' as they self-isolate at Anmer Hall in Norfolk
- Prince William and Kate Middleton share a touching phone call with NHS doctors and nurses as they thank them for their work and describe it as a 'different level' as Britons flock to their doorsteps to applaud key workers
- Fans spot picture of Prince William and Kate Middleton in royal office
- Kate Middleton, Prince William, Prince George and Princess Charlotte arrive in Canada
- Prince William and Kate Middleton Reveal Their Royal Baby Boy's Name!
- Prince William and Catherine Middleton Are Married
- Prince William and Princess Kate Are Moving to London! All About Their School Plans for George and Charlotte
- Princess Kate and Prince William Lead the Celebrity Cheer Squad for Andy Murray at Wimbledon
- Coronavirus: Prince William calls pandemic life and death in vital message to public
- Royal resemblances! Fans go wild over Princess Charlotte's uncanny resemblance to the Queen, 'mini-Kate' Prince Louis and Prince George's likeness to a young Prince William
- Candid Kate! Duchess shares a family photo that 'makes her feel good' as she meets primary school pupils for Children's Mental Health Week while wearing a £2,100 Eponine dress and £300 boots
- Prince William and Kate Middleton’s Instagram following takes the lead over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s account as they share fewer posts following their move to Canada
- Royal Family Accidentally Introduce Archie on Their Website as Prince William & Kate Middleton's Son
- Prince William eager to pilot air ambulances during coronavirus pandemic 'under secrecy,' source says
- The 19 best photos from Princess Charlotte of Cambridge's royal birth
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Officially Separate from Shared Charity with Kate and William
- Why Kate Middleton Isn't Wearing Her Engagement Ring While Self-Isolating at Home
- Countdown to Royal Baby! Everything We Know About Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Baby So Far
Quick change Kate! Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William twin in blue suits as they're spotted filming in London have 1652 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 20, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.