FOR many it was the scoop of the century. For others it was a catastrophic mistake — a bombshell interview that saw the world’s most famous woman “seduced and betrayed”. It is 25 years since Princess Diana bared her soul on Panorama, resulting in the most spellbinding interview seen on British television. But Patrick Jephson, her private secretary between 1988 and 1996, said: “When Panorama came out, part of my visceral reaction was outrage that somebody should have exploited the princess in this way. “Knowing the princess as I did, making her perform like this was a combination of seduction and betrayal. “Panorama burnt her bridges with the rest of the Royal Family and cut her off, fatally, from the protection of the royal institution.”Watched by 23million viewers, Diana questioned the suitability of Prince Charles to be king, admitted her own infidelity and revealed her husband’s — in a line that will never be forgotten. “There were three of us in this marriage so it was a bit crowded,” she said, her sorrowful eyes ringed with heavy, black liner. Now, ahead of the anniversary of the broadcast next month, a Channel 4 documentary asks fresh questions over whether journalist Martin… Read full this story
- Prince Harry has emotional meeting with Angolan landmine victim Princess Diana comforted 22 years ago
- Princess Diana's former holiday home in the Bahamas is up for sale – see inside
- Princess Diana's Unearthed Letter from 1989 Shows Her in Ultimate Royal Mom Mode
- Meghan Markle Honors Princess Diana (Again!) by Wearing Her Aquamarine Ring in Tonga
- Want to Spend the Weekend at Princess Diana's Childhood Home? Here's How!
- Naomi Campbell on Working with Princess Diana to Surprise a Teenage Prince William: 'It Was So Sweet'
- Princess Diana's Death 20 Years Ago Today: PEOPLE's Royals Reporters Share the Tragedy and Chaos of That Awful Day
- Cindy Crawford was 'so intimidated' when she met Princess Diana at Kensington Palace but found late royal 'down-to-earth' and 'humble'
- Cindy Crawford recalls intimidating first meeting with Princess Diana
- Charles Spencer on His Sister, Princess Diana: She 'Deserves a Place in History'
Princess Diana was seduced and betrayed into Panorama interview, says her private secretary have 343 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 21, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.