Prince George, Louis and Charlotte ask Attenborough questions
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Princess Charlotte , five, is the only daughter of Prince William and Kate, Duchess of Cambridge . Charlotte currently attends school at St Thomas's in Battersea, and she has already developed a reputation for her fun-loving nature. However as she is the daughter of a future monarch, a very important role in the family business no doubt awaits her when she is older.
Princess Charlotte will probably one day be a full-time working member of the Royal Family like her father and mother, unless she chooses to pursue a different career.
As she is still in school, Charlotte is usually only seen with her siblings at big royal events like Trooping the Colour or the Christmas Day trip to church.
However recently the Duke and Duchess featured a video of their children on their social media channels, where George, Charlotte and Louis asked questions about the environment to David Attenborough.
The video provided a rare insight into the trio's personalities and was one of the first times Kate and William have put their children under the royal spotlight.
Princess Charlotte title: How Kate and William are preparing daughter for major royal role (Image: GETTY)
Princess Charlotte title: Princess Charlotte is Kate, Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William’s only daughter (Image: GETTY)
Royal commentator Victoria Arbiter wrote on 9Honey about the video: "Rarely has the British public been granted pre-arranged video of the Cambridges’ offspring, but in agreeing to the move William and Kate ticked multiple boxes.
"On top of highlighting what is a pivotal moment in the life of our planet, the children were empowered to play an active part.
"Destined as they are for a lifetime of royal service, it’s imperative they learn early on what their future roles will require."
Ms Arbiter added the video helped the nation to "better get to know their working royals-in-waiting".
Princess Charlotte title: Princess Charlotte may decide to work full-time for the Royal Family when she is older (Image: GETTY)
As Prince George is the eldest of the Cambridge children, he is an heir to the throne and will be King one day after Prince Charles and Prince William.
But even though she is not expected to be Queen one day, Princess Charlotte will no doubt have a very key role in the Royal Family when she is older as well.
The monarch's children or the siblings of the monarch often take on formal working roles within the Royal Family if they decide it is right for them.
When Prince William is King, he will have the power to award royal titles to members of his family.
DON’T MISS: Princess Charlotte speaks Queen's English but George and Louis don’t [VIDEO] Why Kate Middleton dresses her children in expensive Spanish brands [PICTURES] Princess Charlotte title: How Charlotte will lose title to Louis [ANALYSIS]
And one title, in particular, is earmarked for Princess Charlotte should she decide to be a working royal.
Princess Charlotte will one day be the only daughter of the monarch, and the title of Princess Royal is usually given by the monarch to their eldest daughter.
The title has been in circulation for centuries and was believed to be inspired by the equivalent title of Madame Royale used in the French monarchy.
The title was first used in Britain in 1642 by Princess Mary, the daughter of King Charles I.
Princess Charlotte title: Prince George is the eldest of the Cambridge children (Image: GETTY)
The title is currently used by Princess Anne, who is often praised for her hard-working attitude and dedication to public service.
Every year Anne is cited as one of the busiest royals, often completing more engagements in a year than any other royal.
The title is for life, but one day when it is vacant Prince William or even Prince George may decide to grant Charlotte the title.
If Charlotte is created Princess Royal, she will be expected to complete royal engagements and uphold the responsibilities given to her by the Crown.
And like Princess Anne to the Queen and her brother Charles, Charlotte will no doubt be depended on as one of her father and her brother's most trusted family members.
- The moving story behind THAT Christmas Day hug: How wheelchair-bound royal fan who delighted Princess Charlotte with a plastic flamingo at Sandringham has bravely battled a lifetime with brain damage after she was struck down with illness as a toddler
- She's only four, but Princess Charlotte is already ruling the roost: LIBBY PURVES on how the little royal calls the shots with her elder brother George... and gets away with it with her cheeky grin
- Princess Diana's niece Lady Kitty, 29, is dubbed Princess Charlotte's 'twin' in a throwback childhood snap as royal fans go wild over the strong Spencer family resemblance
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte Steal the Show During Their First-Ever Royal Christmas Walk
- Hilarious moment Princess Charlotte refuses to hand over pretty bouquet of roses to a royal aide - after she was given them by 'star-struck' young fan outside church at Sandringham
- Kate Middleton took Princess Charlotte to a special viewing of The Nutcracker - all the details
- Princess Charlotte looks so cute in Amaia green coat on Christmas Day
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte make surprise public debut at Sandringham on Christmas Day
- Kate Middleton reveals big regret on Christmas Day during royal family walkabout with Princess Charlotte
- Adorable Princess Charlotte moment you may have missed - as she copies Kate
- 'She's legit the cutest thing ever!': Twitter users go into meltdown after 'sassy' Princess Charlotte 'steals the show' by showing the world she's already mastered the royal wave
- Fans melt over ‘adorable’ Princess Charlotte after she ‘curtsies to the Queen’ at first Sandringham church appearance
- A curtsy for ‘Gan Gan’! Royal fans melt at 'adorable' Princess Charlotte as she dips her knee to the Queen during Christmas Day service at Sandringham - calling it 'the cutest thing ever'
- Princess Charlotte is the double of royal relative Lady Kitty Spencer in new photo
- Princess Charlotte makes royal history in line to the throne
- Princess Charlotte melts hearts as she embraces well-wishers during Christmas Day walkabout
- Cheeky Princess Charlotte refuses to hand flowers to royal aide at Sandringham service
- Kate Middleton dazzles in festive look, Princess Charlotte steals limelight
- Adorable Princess Charlotte hugs woman in wheelchair after attending first Christmas service
- The Queen's great-grandhuggers! New video shows Prince George embraced wheelchair-bound lady at Christmas Day church service FIRST - prompting Princess Charlotte to also offer a hug
Princess Charlotte title: How Kate and William are preparing daughter for major royal role have 1259 words, post on www.express.co.uk at October 13, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.