An MP has apologised for breaking Covid-19 quarantine rules after travelling the length of the country twice by train while suffering from the virus. SNP MP Margaret Ferrier admitted travelling from her home in Scotland to London after experiencing symptoms. And she admits bringing the virus into Parliament on Monday, when she took part in a debate on the Covid-19 pandemic. Then, after testing positive for the virus, she travelled back to Scotland from London “without seeking advice.” Ms Ferrier was suspended from the SNP following her admission. SNP Westminster leader Ian Blackford said: “I have spoken with Margaret Ferrier this evening who fully accepts that what she did was wrong. “Margaret will be referring herself to the parliamentary standards commissioner as well as the police. “I am tonight suspending the whip from Margaret.” The admission comes after Boris Johnson’s father, Stanley Johnson was photographed failing to wear a mask in a shop. And Jeremy Corbyn apologised for attending a dinner party of nine people, in breach of the “rule of six”. In a statement, Ms Ferrier said: “There is no excuse for my actions.” She explained that she had experienced “mild symptoms” on Saturday afternoon, and had taken a… Read full this story
- I Retired, Sold My Home, And Travel The Country In A Van. Here’s What I've Learned About Life—And Myself.
- Prep cross country season preview
- BBC is to apologise to Harvey Proctor over 'Nick' interview: Presenter Naga Munchetty wrongly claimed Cressida Dick had been cleared over Met's handling of false sex claims case
- How to Avoid Disease When You Travel
- Cross country: Huntley's Geisler claims McHenry title
- Becoming a Better Person through Travel
- Tips To Follow When Traveling Abroad
- 4 Ways to Fund Sustainable, Long Term Travel
- US Open '19: No. 1 Osaka defends; Serena Williams eyes 24th
- The India Travel Survival Kit
MP apologises for travelling length of the country twice with Covid-19 have 308 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.