Arnie vs. Stallone will soon be an option in Mortal Kombat 11, as Warner announce a new edition of the game and free next gen upgrades.
Yet another 80s action movie hero is due to star in Mortal Kombat, as none other than John Rambo is announced for the latest DLC pack, along with almost-as-old-school Mortal Kombaters Mileena and Rain.
The new characters will be available via the Kombat Pack 2 (no price yet but the last one cost £15.99) or as part of the new Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Edition, which includes both Kombat Packs and the Aftermath expansion.
On top of that the game will be coming to Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5 , with 4K dynamic resolution, 'enhanced visuals', and improved loading times. The new version will support cross-gen and cross-play (or krossplay as the game has it) and will be free if you own the current gen versions.
That all sounds undeniably great, with an Ultimate Kollector's Edition also available, which comes with a Sub Zero mask bust, steel case, commemorative magnet coin, authenticity plate, and unspecified exclusive DLC.
If you pre-order the ordinary Ultimate edition, as it were, you also get the Time Warriors Skin Pack, which includes 'Dark Web' Noob Saibot, 'HCF' (Halt and Catch Fire) Liu Kang, and 'Blood Moon' Skarlet.
We really do wonder what age range Mortal Kombat is aimed at sometimes though, given you'd have to be getting on a bit to have ever appreciated Rambo, RoboCop, and The Terminator the first time round.
Since the latter two are already in the game though that does now mean you'll be able to answer the age-old question of who's tougher out of Schwarzenegger and Stallone, albeit through the medium of Mortal Kombat.
The version of Rambo in the game is voiced by Stallone himself but he looks like the character from the 80s, unlike The T-800 who is based on Arnie's appearance in the most recent film – where he's old and keeps talking about drapes.
For more stories like this, check our Gaming page .
- Texas schools hit by Hurricane Harvey eligible for $89M in federal aid
- Illinois Senate considering bill to give kids access to medical pot at schools
- Case of tuberculosis confirmed at Brandeis High School
- Case of tuberculosis confirmed at Texas high school
- Cuts to school support services make children more vulnerable to gang violence, world’s best teacher Andria Zafirakou says
- WTHR's John Stehr on retiring: 'I was feeling my mortality a little bit'
- Nigeria: UK Announces New Scholarships for Nigeria, 51 Other Countries
- 'Ultimate teammate' Logan Wyatt fires up the bats for Louisville baseball
- Social News 11/11
- Jeremy Corbyn announces plans to give under-25s free bus travel
- St. Xavier, Elder High School baseball players show another side of a sometimes ugly rivalry
- School bans children from calling classmates their 'best friend'
- Nigeria: Pastor Nabbed for Alleged Kidnap of 17-Month-Old Baby in Imo State
- Rwanda: Death Toll From Recent Heavy Rains Now Close to 100
- South Africa: 60-Year-Old Forced to Use Wheelbarrow to Cross Flooded Road
- Newly Announced: Fleetwood Mac, Fantastic Negrito, PJ Morton, Lemuria and More
- Shelby County Schools' Sharon Griffin to lead state-run Achievement School District
- Government announces crackdown on century-old loophole being used to launder money through UK
- State OKs 11-district regional school service center
- Old Detroit City Airport crumbles as city rejects offers of millions
Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate announced with Mileena, Rain, and old school Rambo have 617 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.