WHICH AREAS WILL FACE NEW TIER TWO RULES? East Riding of Yorkshire HullNorth East Lincolnshire North Lincolnshire DudleyStaffordshireTelford and the WrekinAmber ValleyBolsoverDerbyshire DalesDerby CitySouth DerbyshireHigh Peak, DerbyshireCharnwoodLutonOxford City Advertisement Ministers today dragged another 16 authorities into Tier Two, as Britain creeps another step closer to a de facto lockdown with around 30million people across England set to be living under tougher restrictions by the weekend. It comes as the UK confirmed another 23,065 positive test results and 280 deaths. Boris Johnson is facing calls from his top scientific advisers to adopt tough national action to cope with the growing outbreak, with deaths quickly rising. Startling projections released last night have piled even more pressure on the Prime Minister to act, warning at least 100,000 people are catching the virus every day in England alone. SAGE has also warned that the second wave could be deadlier than the first. But the official number of daily Covid-19 cases are up just 8.6 per cent on the 21,242 announced last Thursday and other data suggests they may be slowing, while deaths have increased by 48 per cent in the same time frame because of a lag in how long it takes patients to fall severely ill. … Read full this story
- Britain announces overhaul of food labelling after teenager death
- Donald Trump's state visit to UK confirmed for 3-5 June
- Coroner confirms fire intentional in death of mother, son
- Fiji reports 18 confirmed measles cases
- Health officials confirm measles case in northern Michigan
- What is the Ebola virus? Symptoms, the statistics and risks as Congo confirms "six new cases"
- Tightening noose around heinous crime: Death sentence for Dec 16 gangrape convicts
- Major UK cyber attack is 'when, not if', says security chief
- UK home secretary certifies India’s request for Nirav Modi’s extradition
- Kensington and Chelsea is borough with most polluted air in UK
Ministers drag another 16 authorities into Tier Two as Britain creeps towards full lockdown - as UK confirms another 23,065 cases and 280 deaths have 302 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.