IF you’ve ever panicked that an app might be listening through your iPhone’s microphone, Apple has got you covered. The latest iPhone update adds a new “warning dot” that alerts you whenever your microphone or camera is activated. That means if any app is surreptitiously recording you, you’ll know about it. It’s all part of the new iPhone update – find out how to download iOS 14 right now. In iOS 14, an orange dot will appear in the upper right corner of the screen when the microphone – or camera – is activated. By swiping into your Control Centre, you’ll be able to see details about which app is using the microphone. If you suspect something is up, you should check the app’s permissions in Settings. You can deny specific apps access to your microphone or camera, for instance. And if you’re really worried, you could just delete the app altogether. “Privacy is a fundamental human right and at the core of everything we do,” Apple explained. “That's why with iOS 14, we're giving you more control over the data you share and more transparency into how it's used. “An indicator appears at the top of your screen whenever… Read full this story
- Android users at RISK as face scanner unlocked by 3D-printed head worth £300 – but iPhone is ‘impenetrable’
- Apple sued for ‘hiding ugly notch’ on iPhone XS with ‘misleading’ wallpaper
- Life reduced to dots on a map: A look at the data Google collects
- Easy iPhone tricks REVEALED – including secret ‘Dark Mode’ and a Screen Curtain to stop snoopers
- English academic Tonge on why Orange march sparked interest in unionism
- Top employers in Romania: Where you should look for work
- This creepy feature lets iPhone users spy on you
- Embrace wild looks and wow friends this Spring with our top nail varnish picks
- Opinion: Airbus believes in Britain but the Tory Brexiteers do not – so who do you think we should listen to?
- Take That’s Howard Donald says he is open-minded about being pansexual after listening to Christine and the Queens
Look out for this orange dot on your iPhone – someone is listening in have 344 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 12, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.