SIR Keir Starmer risked a permanent Labour split by warning he is ready to boot out Jeremy Corbyn for good. He begged doting supporters of his predecessor not to tear the party apart. ⚠️ Read our Jeremy Corbyn live blog for the latest As tensions mounted, the Labour leader told them: “There’s no reason for a civil war” — and he urged an end to “factional fighting”. But grassroots campaign group Momentum responded by holding a “Stand with Corbyn” rally. And the party was facing major internal strife as its biggest union backer Unite urged members to “stay” and battle for the former leader.Sir Keir risks a breakaway of the hard left if he ousts Mr Corbyn for good. Jezza was suspended this week for playing down the findings of a probe into the party’s record on anti-Semitism under his watch. ‘AWKWARD QUESTIONS FOR SIR KEIR STARMER’ Momentum called the move a “factional attack” on the hard left and urged its members to resist. Sir Keir was yesterday facing awkward questions about his own decision not to quit Mr Corbyn’s shadow cabinet over the anti-Semitism storm. Most read in NewsExclusiveLOCKDOWN LOOMSBoris set to announce new national lockdown NEXT WEEK despite… Read full this story
- Who is Margaret Hodge, did the Labour MP swear at Jeremy Corbyn and what is the anti-Semitism row about?
- Jeremy Corbyn faces Labour split as 80 MPs call for second referendum
- The Londoner: Jeremy Corbyn freezes out Emily Thornberry
- Jeremy Corbyn branded declaration ‘ultimate act of total dishonesty’
- Letters: Jewish Labour members, speak out against Corbyn now – or risk him becoming PM
- The Londoner: Jeremy Corbyn silent over his MPs' Brexit rebellion
- Customs union 'most likely outcome' of Theresa May-Jeremy Corbyn talks, admits minister
- British Parliament Fully Melts Down After Jeremy Corbyn Appears to Call Theresa May 'Stupid Woman'
- Brexit: 'Ball in government’s court' on talks, says Sir Keir Starmer
- Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party Rife With Unpunished Anti-Semitism
Keir Starmer risks tearing Labour apart after threat to boot out Jeremy Corbyn for good have 325 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.