Four years ago, Donald Trump promised working-class Americans the unthinkable. The return of manufacturing jobs that for nearly 100 years had cemented the US as the world’s largest economy, but over the past two decades had been lost to the likes of China and Mexico. Despite questionable success in boosting domestic production in his first term, Trump’s protectionist stance deeply resonated with voters, thanks to catchy slogans like “America First” and “Make America Great Again.” It’s no surprise, then, that his Democratic rival Joe Biden has pledged to restore US manufacturing hegemony if he wins the White House, and that more products will be “made in all of America.” Watch video 02:05 Share Trump’s economic record splits opinion Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3hI0E Trump’s economic record splits opinion Manufacturing pledge Although the coronavirus pandemic would be his administration’s first priority, Biden said he wants to expand the use of Buy American rules to help boost domestic manufacturing and create millions of new production jobs, including a million in the auto sector. The former vice president’s economic plans include a 10% tax on firms who offshore US manufacturing and would eliminate loopholes that help… Read full this story
- Joe Biden: We Should ‘Build Upon’ Obamacare
- VP Joe Biden to attend the World Cup this summer in Brazil
- Syracuse’s Ennis gets phone call from VP Joe Biden
- Vice President Joe Biden on Deflategate: ‘I like a softer ball’
- Cardinals’ Welter congratulated by VP Joe Biden
- Hawks legend Dominique Wilkins met VP Joe Biden at White House (PHOTO)
- FIFA candidate Infantino backed by 10 South American voters
- FIFA candidate Infantino backed by South American voters
- 2020 Candidates Shred Warren’s Medicare for All Plan: ‘Simply Not Believable’
- Egypt 'suffering worst economic crisis since 1930s'
Joe Biden's economic plan: Will it convince American voters? have 311 words, post on www.dw.com at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.