The hairdressers, barber shops, cafes and pubs in the Pembrokeshire town of Narberth were doing brisk business as people enjoyed their final few hours of freedom before a national “firebreak” lockdown that will bring Wales grinding to a halt for the next fortnight. “The last couple of nights have been as busy as a normal weekend,” said Louise Morgan, the owner of The Angel, a beautifully refurbished 18th-century coaching inn on the high street. The Angel was fully booked for lunch on Friday and offering those who felt a final flurry was the way to go a “Fizz Friday lockdown special” between 3pm and 6pm – the time when the firebreak comes into force and the Angel’s doors will close. Morgan was trying to keep smiling. “This new lockdown is pretty disastrous for us,” she said. “I’m not sure what shutting everything down for two weeks is going to achieve. It might slow things down a bit but what’s going to happen in a month’s time? Will they be closing us down again?” The Labour-led Welsh government insists that a national effort is needed to slow the spread coronavirus, to ensure the NHS is not overwhelmed and to give it… Read full this story
- 'Pokémon Go' Supereffective Week: Start Time, Shiny Tentacool and More
- How Long Will ‘Old Town Road’ Stay at No. 1?
- Pokemon Go Supereffective Week Event Is Live, Features New Shiny Pokemon
- Pokemon Go Supereffective Week Event Begins, Features New Shiny Pokemon
- Pokemon Go Supereffective Week Event Now Live, Features New Shiny Pokemon
- Pokemon Go Supereffective Week Now Live, Features New Shiny Pokemon
- Pokémon Go Supereffective Week guide: field research, rewards, and Shiny Pokémon
- Emmerdale spoilers for the week ahead - Sandy prepares to leave and is Aaron still pining for Robert?
- Pokemon Go Supereffective Week Event Begins Today, Features New Shiny Pokemon
- Pokemon Go Supereffective Week is now live so go catch a Shiny Tentacool
‘It’s going to be a long two weeks’: Welsh town prepares for 'firebreak' lockdown have 325 words, post on www.theguardian.com at October 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.