Police were searching for the shooters after shots were fired at the Stockholm shopping mall on Wednesday, with authorities treating the incident as a possible robbery. “There is an attempted aggravated robbery in the Kista mall,” the Reuters news agency quoted a police spokesman as saying. “We have located the victim who is not physically injured.” The mall, located in the Stockholm suburb of Kista, was evacuated and exits were sealed off by the police, according to Aftonbladet. Read more: ’Laser man’ John Ausonius receives life sentence in Frankfurt The mass circulation newspaper said two of the alleged robbers could be seen on security footage, running away from the scene. Police reportedly deployed helicopters and sniffer dogs in their search. The two had entered a gold shop and held up the owner, but the owner manged to activate the alarm, Swedish public broadcaster Sveriges Television reported citing a witness from the scene. dj/msh (Reuters) Every evening, DW sends out a selection of the day’s news and features. Sign up here.
- No Vietnamese victim found in Russia’s shopping mall fire
- Video: Teens arrested after shopping mall beating of off-duty CHP officer in Emeryville
- Soldiers nab suspected robbery kingpin in Aba
- 5 teens arrested for Thanksgiving night robbery at Target
- Woman suspected of role in murders caught after 20 years at large
- The Latest: Malls report steady traffic on Black Friday
- Caught on Camera: Armed Suspects Rob UPS Truck in San Jose
- Shocking moment savage brawl breaks out in mall after customer is 'overcharged'
- Officials Release Photo Of Person Of Interest In Robbery At The Meadows Off-Track Betting Facility
- Should You Trust Online Shopping Apps Like Honey?
Gunfire reported at Swedish shopping mall in suspected robbery have 276 words, post on www.dw.com at October 6, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.