Scotland’s new 0-4 tier system, how it works: Nicola Sturgeon laid out plans for a new 0-4 tier lockdown today. Here is how it would work. Level 0 As close to normal as possible. Broadly in line with the situation in Scotland in August when the virus was suppressed but still around. At this level people would be able to meet indoors with eight people from three households and most businesses would be open safety measures in place.Level 1 Household meetings would reduce to six people from two households but there would still be a reasonable degree of normality overall.Level 2 Restrictions broadly similar to those currently in place currently outside Scotland’s central belt. It includes limitations on hospitality and no gatherings inside people’s homes.Level 3Broadly similar to the tougher restrictions which currently apply across the central belt – including Glasgow and Edinburgh, with much of hospitality being closed completely. But restaurants would be able to be open ‘at least partially’.Both Levels 2 and 3 are intended to apply for relatively short periods of time to bring transmission under control.Level 4This would kick in when ‘transmission rates are, or are threatening to become, very high with corresponding pressure on the NHS and perhaps the risk of the… Read full this story
- Queen's Speech 2015: Scotland to control 40% of tax and 60% of public spending
- 'No Barnett formula money for Scotland' through DUP deal
- Allergy experts warn against ‘black market solution’ to EpiPen shortage
- Reality Check: Would the SNP end austerity, or stack up future debt?
- The entropy wars: five financial uncertainties of 2018 (so far)
- Conservatives agree pact with DUP to support May government
- The plot to subvert an election: Unravelling the Russia story so far
- What a Premier League title would mean for Liverpool
- Xinhua Headlines: Behind Hong Kong's chaos lie deep-seated social problems
- Xi’s gain is Prince Mohammed’s pain: oil rout winners and losers
Fury at Nicola Sturgeon for 'manufacturing grievances' as she demands MORE Covid money from Westminster - despite already having been handed £6.5BILLION extra - amid warning that Scotland's new FIVE Tier lockdown will see some businesses close permanently have 310 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.