I’M A Celebrity bosses have signed up ex-EastEnders star Jessica Plummer for this year’s show. The 28-year-old actress, who was also in a pop band, hopes to repeat the success last year of fellow Walford star Jacqueline Jossa. Producers believe Jessica, whose character Chantelle was murdered last month, will add some glamour to the show starting next month in Wales. The mum of one will join Corrie actress Beverley Callard, 63, TV host Vernon Kay, 46, and former Strictly star AJ Pritchard, 25, in the new-look series. A source said: “Soap stars always do well in the show. “Just look at Jessica’s Enders’ predecessor Jacqueline Jossa last year.“Bosses are delighted to be able to convince her to take part. “It’s a great move for both parties as she’s just left the soap and this is a great opportunity for her personality to be shown to millions. “She hopes it will be a real stepping stone for her career.” Jessica joined EastEnders last year as hairdresser Chantelle, and became a fans’ favourite.She was involved in a harrowing year-long domestic abuse plot which ended with her murder at the hands of husband Gray. Producers hoped the storyline would show the devastating domestic… Read full this story
- ‘If Bobbie talks, I’m finished’: How Les Moonves tried to silence an accuser
- Strictly's Janette Manrara pays tribute to her 'champion' dance partner Will Bayley after devastated Paralympian was forced to pull out of show due to knee injury
- 'He's already got a bit of facial hair!' Playful Harry makes case for son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor taking after him as he breaks out dad jokes and ribs giggly Meghan over baby's calm persona in hilarious clip
- Ian: Ayoko mag-lip-synch
- ‘Pillow talk’ with Matteo
- The tech whiz behind Vine and HQ Trivia made millions in his 20s. He was dead by 34
EastEnders star Jessica Plummer signs up for I’m A Celebrity after soap exit have 306 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at October 29, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.