A mysterious UFO is teasing the beginning of Apex Legends Season 7, but Switch owners will need to wait a while longer.
Apex Legends ' seventh season will be starting very soon. In fact, it's due in only a couple of weeks.
To coincide with it, Respawn has confirmed that the long awaited Steam port of the game will be released on the same day, November 4.
Director Chad Grenier confirmed in a blog post that PC players who have so far been playing on EA Origin can switch over to Steam if they want without losing any of their progress.
Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for Nintendo Switch owners . Though it was announced at the same time as the Steam version, Grenier states that the Switch port of Apex Legends has had to be pushed back to 2021.
'For those who game on the Nintendo Switch, we're still hard at work on the port, but in order to do justice to the game and make it into the great experience Switch players deserve, our team needs more time,' he writes.
'This year has brought on unexpected new challenges, to put it mildly, and we don't want to rush anything out,' most likely referring to the current pandemic.
Grenier does promise that, when it does release, the Switch version won't be lacking features and will support cross-platform play.
In the meantime, players have noticed a UFO floating off the coast of the Kings Canyon map.
No doubt this is meant to be teasing Season 7, but there's nothing else to indicate exactly what is being teased by its presence.
According to Apex Legends dataminer Shrugtal, the UFO has been seen before in a previous teaser for Season 5's new character, Loba, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's connected to her.
Apex Legends is currently available on PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One.
- Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 release date: More proof that Nintendo can't afford to delay
- Nintendo ‘making Legend of Zelda for your smartphone’ so you can sneakily play games on your loo break
- Here are ALL the video game release dates in 2017 – from FIFA 18 and The Legend of Zelda to the new Call of Duty
- Here are ALL the Nintendo Switch games coming in 2017, from Super Mario to Zelda
- Twins expected more power this season — just not this much
- Nintendo Switch preview: Great console will fall flat without promise of better games for fans
- Nintendo hoping for turnaround with Switch console
- Tekken 7 Rage and Sorrow trailer and release date revealed but people are appalled by THIS scene
- Top 10 most expensive transfers: As Paul Pogba closes in on £105m Manchester United switch, here’s some more pricey players
- Samsung Galaxy Fold, Galaxy A20s India Price, Redmi 8 Teasers, Call of Duty: Mobile, and More Tech News This Week
- Watch the Super Mario Odyssey trailer that’s sending gamers wild with excitement
- Man City take an early lead as Pep Guardiola takes charge for the first time against Sunderland
- A roundup of movies set in North Dakota
- Three recipes that will help you love the Instant Pot
- These are the most incredible games consoles right now – but what one’s best?
- The ‘Monitor’ guide to holiday book-giving
- 45 things to do in Cleveland this October
- What's new on Netflix for November 2017 - best TV and films to watch including The Punisher
- Ty Nsekhe's untold journey from behind bars to the Bills
- The Bay Area’s best 50 restaurants: Nos. 41-50
Apex Legends Season 7 will bring Steam release, Switch version delayed till 2021 have 630 words, post on metro.co.uk at October 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.