CCTV that blocks people from entering a shop if they are not wearing a face covering is being set up across the UK. The cameras use artificial intelligence to determine whether a person walking towards the shop doors is wearing a mask in a bid to help staff tackle ‘difficult’ customers. A screen fitted outside the shop’s doors will display a green or red message to automatically allow or deny access to the person. Customers who aren’t wearing a mask will be refused entry automatically and the doors will remain shut. The cameras use artificial intelligence to determine whether a person walking towards the shop doors (pictured) is wearing a mask in a bid to help staff tackle ‘difficult’ customers CCTV.co.uk, who install CCTV systems across the UK for both home and commercial clients, said the technology will protect staff from difficult shoppers or ‘potentially worse’. But it has not been specified how the technology will work around those who are exempt from wearing a face mask. Tom Ironside, Director of Regulations at the British Retail Consortium (BRC), told MailOnline: ‘While technology can undoubtedly make a useful contribution, the important thing is we are all reasonable and respectful of one… Read full this story
- Brexit Paves Way for Germany to Take UK's Place as Washington's Top Ally
- Storm Atiyah UK – map, path, tracker and latest updates
- Huawei tech would put UK-US intelligence ties at risk, official says
- England's young people near bottom of global league table for basic skills
- Elon Musk picks Germany for new Tesla Gigafactory, says Brexit made UK 'too risky'
- UK Crypto-Assets Under More Scrutiny & Needs 'Urgent Regulation' - MPs
- Department store chain Harris Scarfe placed into voluntary administration
- ‘Officer Abigail’ honored at Brazoria County Fair after announcing she may soon enter hospice care
- $7.50 more on a $50 purchase? Ouch - online shopping just got painful
- Northland man allegedly pepper sprayed while wearing handcuffs and seatbelt
AI mask monitors are now policing our stores: CCTV that blocks people from entering a shop if they are not wearing a mask is being set up across UK have 323 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.