A version of this story appeared in the September 8 edition of CNN’s Coronavirus: Fact vs. Fiction newsletter. Sign up here to receive the need-to-know headlines every weekday. (CNN)Hundreds of Americans are dying every day from Covid-19, and President Donald Trump is “gaslighting” people when he says the US is leading the world in successes against the virus, CNN medical analyst Dr. Seema Yasmin said Monday. Her comments followed a tweet from Trump stating that the US is “starting to get VERY high marks in our handling of the Coronavirus (China Virus), especially when compared to other countries and areas of the world.” He added that “the Vaccines (Plus) are coming, and fast!” Public opinion on Trump’s handling of the outbreak is low, according to polls, and the President is looking for good news to bolster his re-election chances. He told a Monday news briefing that, “we’re going to have a vaccine very soon. Maybe even before a very special date.” While Trump did not specifically mention which date, he has previously suggested that a vaccine could be ready before Election Day. Meanwhile, health experts have said for weeks that the prospect of a shot being ready by then is… Read full this story
- Choosing Hope - Thoughts On The Terrorism Of September 11
- Champions League Tuesday Return Match Preview
- Was that intense storm a bomb cyclone? Here's how you know when the answer is yes
- Tuesday's Best Deals: Nintendo 2DS XL, Under Armour, Drill Brush, and More
- Do You Know How "The Star-Spangled Banner" Was Written?
- My Car Fuel Bill Has Gone Up by Over 30 a Month Since Last September
- Debate, Brexit, Fort Worth: Your Tuesday Evening Briefing
- Things to Know Before You Take the Travel Packages to China
- Everything You Need to Know to Follow the New Rugby Union Season
- The ACT & SAT - Everything You Wanted to Know, But Were Afraid to Ask
What you need to know about coronavirus on Tuesday September 8 have 312 words, post on edition.cnn.com at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.