A tattoo fan has proposed to his girlfriend with an inking which read “Will you marry me?”, complete with ‘Yes/No’ tick boxes.
Bruno Neves popped the question to girlfriend Patricia Calado with the help of his favourite tattoo artist Arron Adams.
The romantic delivery driver, from Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, asked his fiancee-to-be to come with him to A Sailor’s Grave Tattoo Studio in the seaside town.
The 33-year-old, whose body already featured 20 inkings, told her he was getting some cover-up ink on an existing tat.
But as mum-of-two Patricia, 34, sat in the waiting room for around 45 minutes, she had no idea that Bruno was actually getting the words “Will you marry me?” tattooed across his chest.
A nervous Bruno, who is also a dad to a four-year-old son, even completed the tattoo with ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ tick boxes beneath the big question.
And when a stunned Patricia read the words on his chest, she quickly grabbed a pen and put a cross through the ‘Yes’ box – which was then also tattooed on Bruno’s chest.
Tattoo artist Arron said it is the first time he has ever helped someone propose through ink.
And happy couple Bruno and Patricia are delighted with the outcome of the proposal.
Patricia, a hotel cleaner, said: “It was a complete surprise. I had no idea what he was having done that day.
“He has some tattoos on his body that he wants to get covered up, and sometimes I will go along with him and wait, so I thought it was all quite normal.
“I was quite confused when he came out and revealed the tattoo to me. It took me a moment to realise what it was.
“Then I just laughed and told him, ‘You’re crazy’. But of course I ticked yes. I’m very happy.”
Patricia added it was “very strange” being proposed to in a public place during the Covid-19 pandemic.
She said: “I didn’t know how to react. We both had our masks on, so we didn’t kiss each other, just out of respect for the other people there.”
She added Bruno is very romantic, and surprises her every month on the 11th – to mark the ‘anniversary’ of each month they have been together.
“Every month on the 11th he will take me travelling somewhere, or we will go out for a nice dinner,” she said.
And Bruno said that Patricia accepting his proposal was “amazing”.
He said: “It was like a dream come true.
“If it hadn’t been for Covid, I would have done it sooner. I had been planning the tattoo for around five or six months.
“We have been together for a year and a half – but I am absolutely certain about Patricia. We have spent every day together for the past two years, and we have seen how our families connect together, so I had no fear about proposing to her.
“I would not have done it if I had not been absolutely sure – a tattoo is something you really have to think about.”
The couple are now hoping to tie the knot in August next year – and Bruno says he has already been emailing priests to try and get a date booked in.
And Arron Adams, who did the tattoo for Bruno, said he has never done a tattoo proposal before – but is “always up for a challenge”.
He said: “It did feel a bit strange. I’ve done actually done anything like that one before.
“I was a bit nervous myself – as tattoo artists, we advise people against having names tattooed on them or anything like that, because obviously it is permanent.
“But Bruno told me he wanted to do something a bit crazy – and I thought, yeah, let’s go for it.”
Arron joked: “It’s lucky she said yes – because I said to Bruno that even if she had said no, I would have tattooed that on him, too.
“He was really chuffed. I could see as he was walking out to reveal the tattoo that he was extremely nervous.
“She was really shocked and surprised when she saw it. It was a lovely moment.
“It was really nice for me to be a part of that special moment for someone. It made me feel really good – like a little Cupid.”
- Daring boyfriend, 30, secretly 'proposes' to his girlfriend for an entire MONTH without her knowing - before finally popping the question to her face
- Rugby obsessed Welshman gets national team's players, stadium and anthem TATTOOED on his body
- Man proposes to girlfriend with ‘will you marry me?’ chest tattoo – and has her ‘yes’ answer inked on too
- Guy Proposes to his Girlfriend with Chest Tattoo That Has 'Yes' and 'No' Boxes
- Lea Michele poses in her underwear as she showcases her tattoo tribute to late love Cory Monteith
- Kat Von D Gives an Emotional Defense for Her 'Blackout' Tattoo After Fans Get Critical
- Noah Cyrus' new love Lil Xan shows off his face tattoos as he smothers her with affection at MTV VMAs
- Jodie Marsh mocked as fans claim new Freddie Mercury tattoo looks like Chris Kamara
- Jeremy McConnell flaunts striking tattoos as he strips off to finish daughter's nursery
- Miley Cyrus New Tattoo Meaning: How She Referenced Billy Idol’s 'White Wedding'
- Jeremy McConnell grabs penis as he shows off ENTIRE LEG tattoos
- Strictly curse strikes again as Seann Walsh and married pro Katya Jones are caught snogging in the street
- Tattooed Instagram model raking in thousands of pounds selling worn underwear
- Awful Magaluf tattoo blunder after teenager stops halfway through due to pain
- Man sparks Twitter debate after buying flowers for girlfriend's best friend
- Brad Pitt unveils unusual tattoo as he arrives in style at Venice Film Festival
- 365 shades of love: Man proposes to girlfriend everyday for a year
- Man Proposes To Girlfriend With Time Capsule They Buried Together Five Years Ago
- A Calmer You, by Sonal Kalra: Under pressure to get married?
- 2019 MTV Video Music Awards: Miley Cyrus unveils new tattoo while performing break-up track Slide Away after Liam Hemsworth split... as she narrowly avoids a wardrobe malfunction by flashing sideboob in her tiny cut-out dress
Tattoo-fan proposes to girlfriend with inking which reads "Will you marry me?" have 1015 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 18, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.