Meghan Markle: Piers Morgan slams couple for ‘keeping titles’
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Meghan Markle , 39, removed herself from the limelight during the final stages of her pregnancy with Archie Harrison in spring 2019. While details about Meghan’s pregnancy were kept secret from the public, as is the norm with Royal Family members, book Finding Freedom by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand has shed new light on how Meghan spent her final weeks in the lead up to Archie’s arrival.
Meghan and Prince Harry were living at Frogmore Cottage in Windsor at the time where the Duchess was joined by her mother Doria Ragland and received visits from close friends ahead of Archie’s birth on May 6.
Mr Scobie and Ms Durand write: “Meghan’s spirits were buoyed by the visits of close friends, including Daniel, who arrived at the cottage on April 6 to find Meghan ‘incredibly calm and just enjoying the last days of her bump.’
“Harry and Meghan cooked for the makeup artist – with Harry doing most of the work in the kitchen.
“‘There was no nervousness, and she and Harry seemed so happy at the new house’, he said.”
Meghan Markle pregnant: Meghan craved ‘healthy snacks’ during final days of pregnancy (Image: GETTY)
Meghan Markle pregnant: Meghan welcomed visits from close friends at Frogmore in the weeks ahead of giving birth (Image: GETTY)
The book continues: “Doria arrived at Frogmore on April 16 to help out as her daughter’s due date of April 28 neared.”
According to the authors, a very pregnant Meghan didn’t crave junk food but enjoyed healthy snacks instead.
They write: “While it was a comfort to have her mum with her, Harry was constantly looking after his wife as well, making sure she was physically comfortable and getting her snacks.
“Guacamole and crudités was as close as she got to junk food.”
Meghan Markle pregnant: Meghan is said to have snacked on raw vegetables and guacamole in the final days of pregnancy (Image: GETTY)
The authors added: “Not because she doesn’t like it; she just didn’t crave it.”
What are crudités?
Crudités are traditional French appetizers consisting of sliced or whole raw vegetables which are typically dipped in a vinaigrette or other dipping sauce.
Examples of crudités include celery sticks, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, bell pepper strips, broccoli, cauliflower, fennel, and asparagus spears.
Prince Charles could block Prince William f rom inheriting title [INSIGHT] Prince Charles may make law to free Archie Harrison from ‘burden’ [VIDEO] Royal fans get to see Princess Beatrice’s wedding dress up close [PICTURES]
Rather than dipping her crudités in a traditional vinaigrette, it seems Meghan favoured guacamole made from smashed avocados instead.
What kind of birth did Meghan have?
While the details around royal births are usually kept secret, Finding Freedom confirms some details about Meghan’s birth.
According to the book, the Duchess had a natural “uncomplicated” birth and did not have a C-section at London’s private Portland Hospital.
Meghan Markle pregnant: Archie Harrison celebrated his first birthday in California with his parents on May 6 (Image: Save The Children UK)
They write: “Meghan did not deliver by C-section, although the couple refused to comment on the details of the birth.
“A source said that Meghan ‘took the advice’ of doctors who attended Frogmore Cottage every day in the days leading up to her hospital admission – and at 5.26am on Monday, May 6, Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, seventh in line to the throne and weighing seven pounds, three ounces was born in an uncomplicated birth.”
According to the book, Meghan felt a powerful mix of emotions following her sons birth and was both “relieved” and “ecstatic.”
They write: “Meghan was simply relieved it had all gone well and to have her ‘beautiful, sweet little boy’ in her arms for the first time.”
A friend of the Sussexes told the authors: “Meghan described the moment she first held Archie as ‘ecstasy…total bliss and contentment.”
- Meghan Markle brings out silver platters for brunch with celeb friend in London
- Meghan Markle In New Documentary Said She Was Warned UK Tabloid Press Would "Destroy" Her Life But Was Unprepared For How Bad It Would Be
- Gary Barlow told Meghan Markle a secret she didn't know about Prince Harry - and she thought it was a joke
- 'Suits' pays tribute to Meghan Markle in series finale with a Prince Harry joke
- Meghan Markle pregnant: Royal baby traditions the Duchess will have to follow
- 'Who's this little cutie?' What Prince Harry said when he met an adorable baby in Sydney – after Meghan fawned over the little girl
- The surprising item that's flying off shelves after pregnant Meghan Markle showcased them on her arrival in Australia
- 'Not many people have asked if I'm OK': 'Vulnerable' Meghan Markle is close to tears as she reveals ordeal of media spotlight during her pregnancy and as a new mum
- Meghan Markle shares NEW photo from her pregnancy with Archie
- Does this mean a little princess is on the way? Meghan Markle's penthouse baby shower is covered with pretty PINK decor - from long-stem roses to cotton candy for guests
- Meghan Markle’s father and brother reveal hopes Baby Sussex will help heal rift with her
- The Sweet Origins of Meghan Markle and Michelle Obama's Friendship
- Seven-months pregnant Meghan goes incognito as she covers up in cap and coat for secret trip to New York for a baby shower thrown by her closest friends
- Water births are just as SAFE as usual deliveries as study finds the method Meghan Markle wanted for Archie causes fewer vaginal tears
- Transgender man who gave birth to his son reveals pregnancy was 'f****** awful' - and admits that men have no idea of what expectant mothers have to go through
- Prince Harry reveals Meghan Markle is suing a Sunday newspaper and attacks ‘painful’ coverage of his wife
- Is That Meghan Markle? Lifetime's New TV Movie Actress Looks Like the Real Person
- Thomas Markle ‘won’t meet’ Meghan’s baby boy as she’s in the royal family’s ‘cone of silence’, claim sources
- Daniel Radcliffe reveals he feels ‘terrible’ for Meghan Markle and calls her life ‘crazy’
- Meghan Markle and Adele's secret meeting revealed - see photo
Meghan Markle pregnant: Meghan craved 'healthy snacks' during final days of pregnancy have 1206 words, post on www.express.co.uk at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.