British holidaymakers have shared their fury as they make the mad dash to return home to the UK from seven Greek islands that will be added to the quarantine list from 4am tomorrow. Transport Secretary Grant Shapps revealed on Monday that Lesvos, Tinos, Serifos, Mykonos, Crete, Santorini and Zakynthos are being stripped of quarantine exempt status as of 4am on Wednesday amid fears over a spike in coronavirus cases. Since the announcement, tourists have had to scramble to make alternative plans, with many frantically booking last-minute flights so they don’t have to self-isolate for two weeks once back in Britain. Flight operators TUI and Jet2 have cancelled holidays to the Greek islands of Crete, Santorini, Zakynthos and Mykonos due to the new quarantine rules. Meanwhile, EasyJet has announced it is cutting flights following the government’s decision. Amid the travel chaos, the rush to return home is now underway, though unimpressed travellers have blasted the government. Nikki Funnell, from Chester, is in Santorini with her husband Simon. She told MailOnline: ‘It’s far safer in Santorini than the UK. Social distancing is in place here and I think it’s a massive shame for the Greek tourism industry. ‘I think the UK government are… Read full this story
- USA to Revive ‘Temptation Island’ With Original Host Returning
- Cyclades: 5 (more) hidden-gem Greek islands
- Refugees pushed to the edge of survival on the Greek island of Samos
- Dear Abby: Parents cancel holiday dinners when kids won’t bury hatchet
- Catalina Island Conservancy to begin bat research
- Movie Minute: ‘Mary Poppins Returns,’ ‘Aquaman’ in a battle of the holiday releases
- War on Christmas? China City Cancels Holiday Sales and Decorations to Keep 'Clean'
- Fourth-grader loses home to fire, class surprises him with gifts
- North Texas home sales see biggest slide in seven years
- Central Vermont Council on Aging Cancels Holiday Dinner
'It's much safer here than at home': Fuming Britons blast surprise quarantine on seven Greek islands as mad scramble begins to return to the UK by 4AM tomorrow and TUI and Jet2 cancel holidays have 308 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.