Princess Eugenie’s royal baby announcement was much less formal than Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton’s
The couple’s happy news comes almost two years after they tied the knot in Windsor in October 2018, and their announcement was a big break from royal tradition.
Princess Eugenie shared the news on her personal Instagram account, posting a photo of herself clutching a pair of John Lewis baby bear slippers, and a second snap of herself looking gorgeous in a green Me + Em dress along with her husband Jack.
WATCH: Princess Eugenie expecting first baby with husband Jack Brooksbank
“Jack and I are so excited for 2021…” the mum-to-be captioned the photos, adding a baby emoji. A second more formal announcement followed on the royal family’s Twitter account, reading: “Her Royal Highness Princess Eugenie and Mr Jack Brooksbank are very pleased to announce that they are expecting a baby in early 2021.
“The Duke of York and Sarah, Duchess of York, Mr and Mrs George Brooksbank, The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh are delighted with the news.”
Princess Eugenie announced her baby news on Instagram
Princess Eugenie’s decision to share her own personal photos and less formal caption on Instagram marks a big difference to the way the Duchess of Cambridge and Duchess of Sussex announced their own pregnancy news.
For Prince Harry and Meghan , news that they were expecting their first child was announced as they touched down in Sydney for their first major overseas royal tour on 15 October 2018.
The official announcement from Kensington Palace read: “Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby in the Spring of 2019.”
Baby bear slippers, £8, John Lewis & Partners
Meanwhile, Prince William and Kate were forced to announce all three of their pregnancies weeks early as the Duchess was suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum (acute morning sickness).
The news that the Cambridges were expecting their first child broke on 3 December 2012, as Kate was admitted to London’s King Edward VII hospital for the condition . In a statement, St James’s Palace said: “Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that the Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby.
“The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news.”
HELLO!’s selection is editorial and independently chosen – we only feature items our editors love and approve of. HELLO! may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. To find out more visit our FAQ page .
Make sure you never miss a ROYAL story! Sign up to our newsletter to get all of our celebrity, royal and lifestyle news delivered directly to your inbox.
- 14 royal reads about Meghan Markle, Kate Middleton and more you can enjoy while you're working from home
- Sad news for the Queen, Kate Middleton and royal family amid coronavirus pandemic
- Inside the royal baby's nursery & the cute Peter Rabbit theme decor
- Meghan Markle channels Jackie O chic for outing at Canada House
- Inside Princess Eugenie's Private Married World
- The Duchess's favourite: Kate Middleton dons a Lover's Knot tiara to President Trump's banquet
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton - becoming the closest sisters-in-law
- "Felt rotten and terrified!" Kate Middleton opens up about how hypnobirthing helped her
- Meghan Markle and Harry arrive at first UK public appearance since quitting royals
- Meghan Markle's bittersweet farewell: How Duchess was 'in tears' at last royal engagement 'after being hung out to dry' despite coming into the family 'not just prepared but PROUD' to do her official duty
- Princess Eugenie Is Using Her New Husband's Last Name Now — But Not How You'd Expect
- Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank Make Their Christmas Walk Debut After Royal Wedding
- Kate Middleton’s Exquisite Traditional Blue Suit Make Us Think Of Princess Diana
- Prince Charles and Camilla's Next Trip Just Gave Us a Major Clue About Meghan Markle's Due Date!
- Kate Middleton's White Kurta Set Is The Traditional Outfit That Your Closet Demands
- Meghan Markle's Green Dress And Fascinator Seems Inspired By Princess Diana's Outfit
- All the subtle digs and complaints in Meghan Markle and Harry's Megxit statement
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s net worth explained
- Princess Eugenie wows in a floral dress in sweet snap with mum Sarah Ferguson
- Meghan Markle celebrates first UK Mother's Day with Archie and shares sweet message
How Princess Eugenie's royal baby news was different to Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton's have 795 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at September 25, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.