AIRBNB hosts have been accused of being ‘fat-phobic’ for banning anyone who weighs more than 16-stone from staying at their cottage because they may ‘damage the old oak beams’. Hosts Zsu and Marcus were slammed for their listing that banned guests with “eating disorders” due to a “maximum weight limit of 100kg [15.7 stone] PP”. The £199-a-night Bobbit’s Lair cottage in Sandwich, Kent has been slammed by body positive campaigners. Lindsay McGlone, 22, blasted the “discriminatory fat phobic” hosts and Airbnb for allowing the listing on its site. The size-24 activist has demanded the hosts be banished from advertising with them again. The hosts said that the property pictures were taken on a wide-angled lens and that “bigger than average” people are not allowed to stay as they could cause “serious damage”.The defiant duo didn’t hold back when they re-emphasised that larger guests were not welcome. Zsu and Marcus said: “We had someone ask about the bath size then how wide was he [sic] doors were. “We said ‘not suitable for disabled guests’. “Then the penny dropped once they booked we had to cancel as the cottage could of [sic] got seriously damaged during ‘their’ stay.”Understand the pictures are wide… Read full this story
- Here's how much California Airbnb hosts make on average
- Jameela Jamil calls Karl Lagerfeld a 'ruthless, fat-phobic misogynist' following designer's death
- ‘I could not pick her out of a line-up’: Sunrise hosts slam Martha from MAFS after awkward Logies run-in
- With plastic ban, meat seller reinvents old packaging tricks
- Whitney Port Slams Criticism of 2-Year-Old Son Sonny’s 'Beautiful' Long Hair: 'It's Homophobic'
- The most popular Airbnb homes of the last decade – including a cave and a treehouse
- Oakland woman is example of Airbnb’s benefits
- Harris County Judge Lina Hidalgo to host early childhood listening session
- Alex Jones Infowars Youtube Videos Uploaded by Proxy Accounts Attracted Hundreds of Thousands of Views, Despite Ban
- From Kim Kardashian to Piers Morgan, Jameela Jamil’s on a one-woman mission to take on the celebrity world’s ‘bullies’ and ‘fat-shamers’
‘Fat-phobic’ Airbnb hosts slammed for BANNING anyone over 16st from their cottage as they ‘may damage the old oak beams’ have 343 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at September 3, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.