There is “real concern” about plans to reduce Covid-19 testing from weekly to fortnightly at care homes in north Wales, warn social services bosses.In an email sent on behalf of managers in several counties, officials said the move was “premature”, given that Wales could be “heading towards a second wave”.Conservative Member of the Senedd Darren Millar condemned the proposal.The Welsh Government said it was taking steps to boost testing resources.In an email seen by BBC Wales, Nicola Stubbins, corporate director of communities at Denbighshire Council, said: “Our view is that there are still pockets of new positive tests every couple of days and it would be a mistake to change the current practice.”Whilst north Wales doesn’t have the highest prevalence of positive cases it still has the highest cumulative rate. “There is also our proximity to areas in England that have had temporary lockdown measures implemented.”GettyCoronavirus in north Wales5,019total cases of Covid-1993cases over the last seven days13.3 cases per 100,000 population in last week420deaths reported, the last on 4 SeptemberSource: Public Health Wales, 13 SeptemberShe added there would be significant local political concern if testing was reduced, given that all the current indications are that community transmission is increasing rapidly…. Read full this story
- More than 80 per cent of North Wales Police officers suffering with low morale
- Hotels in North Wales see boom in bookings as more choose to 'staycation'
- Tally hoe! Maesteg care home enters gardening competition
- Increase in burglaries over Bank Holiday weekend in North Wales
- The mechanical moggies helping people in north Wales living with dementia
- 'Flying doctors' to cover north Wales
- Tributes paid to 'kind and witty' teen from Stockport who died after falling from cliffs in north Wales
- Surveys used to help understand impact of North Wales wild fire
- Dementia care home transforms into old high street to help recover lost memories
- Local care home gets positive report
Coronavirus: Fears over care home test cuts in north Wales have 319 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.