Russian politician Alexei Navalny’s team said Thursday they had found traces of Novichok on a water bottle in his hotel room in Siberia. A video posted on the Kremlin critic’s Instagram account showed members of his team searching the room in the Xander Hotel in Tomsk on August 20, an hour after they learned he had fallen sick on a flight to Moscow. “It was decided to gather up everything that could even hypothetically be useful and hand it to the doctors in Germany. The fact that the case would not be investigated in Russia was quite obvious,” the post said. Read more: Opinion: In wake of Navalny attack, what will become of German-Russian relations? The video showed members of Navalny’s team collecting several empty bottles of “Holy Spring” mineral water, among other items. “Two weeks later, a German laboratory found traces of Novichok precisely on the bottle of water from the Tomsk hotel room,” the post said. “And then more laboratories that took analyses from Alexei confirmed that that was what poisoned Navalny. Now we understand: it was done before he left his hotel room to go to the airport.” Read more: Alexei Navalny: UN urges Russia to probe suspected poisoning… Read full this story
- Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny among more than 1,000 arrested during anti-Putin protests
- Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny among more than 1,600 arrested during anti-Putin protests
- Border Patrol accused of vandalizing water aid stations in the desert
- Kenya: KEBS Casts Doubt on Water Quality From 157 Bottlers
- Kenya: Ndakaini Water Levels Rise to 67% After Aberdares Rainfall
- AFP: Navalny, 1,600 supporters detained at anti-Putin rallies
- China rages over US warships sailing near disputed islands, saying move 'seriously infringed' its sovereignty
- Maryland flooding: Videos show Ellicott City streets turned into torrents of brown water
- Warren Buffett compares Bitcoin to 'rat poison squared' and says cryptocurrencies 'will come to a bad ending'
- Iran nuclear deal was ‘recipe for disaster’, says Netanyahu after Trump pulls US out of agreement
Alexei Navalny: Aides say Novichok found on water bottle have 320 words, post on www.dw.com at September 17, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.