Championship Goalkeeper: Marek Rodak (Fulham) Scott Parker acknowledged it was a brave call but the Slovakian, who joined the club at 16, has flourished since being made No 1 in October. Rodak, who previously excelled on loan at Rotherham, made a string of impressive saves en route to promotion, notably against Cardiff in the play-off semi-final. No first-choice goalkeeper finished with a better clean sheet ratio. Right-back: Luke Ayling (Leeds) There is a reason Marcelo Bielsa regards him as his de facto vice-captain. The full-back has developed into a leader and proved an integral part of Leeds’ success. His marauding runs have earned him cult-hero status, as has that March thunderbolt at Elland Road. The frightening thing is he practised it in training 24 hours earlier. Centre-back: Ben White (Leeds) The signing of the season? No player made more interceptions (116) than the Brighton loanee, who looked at home in the league’s meanest defence from the opening-day victory at Bristol City. He is lean, has a wonderful passing palette and, as proved by his thumping volley on the final day, his technique is superb. White glides through games and seems destined to have a fine career. Centre-back: Ethan Pinnock (Brentford)… Read full this story
- SPFL board warns clubs not to pursue investigation into ending of season
- Every Premier League team and their goalscorers from the academy ranks in 2019-20
- Coronavirus in sport: PSG make Champions League pledge despite Ligue 1 blow
- Coronavirus: Where do Europe's major football leagues stand?
- ‘This is horrible': Cambuur stunned after dream season turns to dust
- Should the Premier League season be cancelled?
- Premier League Could Resume On June 8: Report
- Coronavirus: Ligue 1 season over, no sport in France before September
- Football's bubble existence and a change in the French landscape
- Coronavirus: Gary Neville discusses risk football authorities must take to resume matches
Who makes our Football League teams of the season for 2019-20? have 304 words, post on www.theguardian.com at August 7, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.