ARSENAL have the chance to earn London bragging rights by winning the FA Cup final against Chelsea… and getting one over on Tottenham at the same time.
The Gunners face the Blues at Wembley today with the famous trophy and a place in the Europa League at stake.
With three English sides qualifying for the competition, either Arsenal or seventh-placed Wolves will join Spurs and Leicester in next season’s draw.
The cup winners or sixth-placed Tottenham are nominated to qualify directly to the group stage with the Foxes.
That means one unlucky side is destined to enter at the second qualifying round and play an extra three games before the tournament proper commences.
An Arsenal victory at Wembley will knock Wolves out and relegate Spurs to the qualifier route, which begins on September 17 – five days after the 2020/21 Premier League opener.
Seedings will be in place for the qualifiers, meaning Jose Mourinho’s men will dodge the likes of AC Milan and Wolfsburg also in the hat.
Teams potentially coming up on their path include Irish side Shamrock Rovers, Lichtenstein cup winners Vaduz and Motherwell, who are all entering at the first round.
On August 9, the draw for the preliminary round will take place with the first round decided a day later.
The first English side in the hat finds out their fate on August 31 with the second qualifying round draw.
Should Chelsea beat Arsenal in the FA Cup final, Wolves will qualify for the Europa League and enter at this stage.
Nuno Espirito Santo’s side endured a lengthy qualifying process at the very start of the 2019/20 campaign.
Most read in Football
Paul Scholes flouts local lockdown rules by throwing huge 7-hour birthday bash
GUNNING FOR GLORY
Aubameyang’s brilliant double downs 10-man Blues in fiery FA Cup final
Juventus set to offer Man Utd Bernadeschi in swap deal for Smalling
Ronaldo LOSES Golden Boot race after axe from Juve squad for final game
Ex-stopper Seaman tells Martinez not to strop if he is benched next season
Arsenal REFUSE to let BBC interview Aubameyang ahead of Cup final vs Chelsea
Over 12 months ago, they kicked off with a 2-0 win over Crusaders at Molineux before ties with Pyunik of Armenia and Torino.
However the new campaign’s run-in will be significantly kinder thanks to the coronavirus pandemic.
Clubs must play only single-legged ties with the host decided at the time of the draw, and no fans allowed inside stadiums.
- Winning FA Cup would be ideal preparation for Real clash: Guardiola
- Everton vs Tottenham betting offers and free bets: Get Spurs to win FA Cup tie at 15/1 or Toffees at 14/1 with 888 Sport
- Football: Last-gasp Dani Ceballos goal fires Arsenal into FA Cup semis
- Football: Arsenal begin FA Cup defence with 2-0 win over Newcastle after extra time
- Swansea 1 Man City 3: Walker, Sterling and Jesus earn record 15th win in a row as City ease into FA Cup quarters
- Football: Chelsea boss Lampard given FA Cup final boost with return of Kante and Willian
- FA Cup quarter-final draw LIVE: Stream FREE, TV channel as Man Utd get Leicester and Everton host City – latest updates
- FA Cup free betting tips including Swansea City vs Man City and Everton vs Tottenham
- Man Utd 1 West Ham 0 LIVE REACTION: Scott McTominay’s extra-time volley sends Utd to FA Cup quarter-finals – updates
- Everton – Tottenham stage FA Cup match for the ages (video)
- FA Cup free betting tips including Barnsley vs Chelsea
- Eighth-tier Marine land dream clash against Tottenham in FA Cup third round
- Football: Palace and Wolves into FA Cup quarter-finals
- Manchester City travel to Everton as Leicester City host United in FA Cup quarter-finals
- Wycombe vs Tottenham FREE: Live stream, team news as Bale STARTS, TV channel, kick off time for FA Cup fourth round tie
- Harry Kane equaliser saves Spurs from FA Cup humiliation against Newport
- FA Cup quarterfinal draw: Man City, Man Utd away; Bournemouth-Saints
- Man City survive huge FA Cup scare, Arsenal crash out
- Football: Southampton beat Shrewsbury to set up Arsenal FA Cup tie
- Football: Aubameyang fires Arsenal past Man City into FA Cup final
What happens if Arsenal win the FA Cup? What it means for Tottenham and Wolves have 709 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.