Solskjaer apparently has identified the former Manchester City youngster as a priority signing to continue the club’s rebuild. As per reports, the Red Devils are very close to signing him which would see them breaking the English record transfer again.
Should he sign for the side, he would be the fifth signing from Bundesliga in United’s history. The previous four, however, have not had much luck in United colours. But the fans would now hope that the English prodigy would break the jinx.
Here we have enlisted those four players and looked into their journey who changed their colours to don the famous Red jersey.
The English midfielder was probably the best recruit out of the lot however his stint was short lived. The 27-year-old signed for the Red Devils in 2007 after winning four league titles with them.
He was seen as the perfect replacement of Roy Keane. He did live up to the hype and immediately made a huge impact in United’s midfield helping them to clinch a double with the league title and Champions League win. But following that season, he struggled with injuries and only managed to play five more games for the club in the next three years.
If not for the injuries, he surely could have embarked himself as a Red Devils legend given his importance in the side.
After Sir Alex Ferguson failed to land Eden Hazard due to financial mismatch, he opted to sign Borussia Dortmund’s player of the season Kagawa for £17million in 2012. He displayed a few flashes of brilliance in his first season – including a brilliant hat trick against Norwich City and winning the league that term. But after Ferguson’s departure, he could not find his rhythm and struggled to replicate his Bundesliga form under David Moyes as well as Louis Van Gaal. He left the club in 2014 eventually to return to Dortmund again in 2014.
The German midfielder left his boyhood side Bayern Munich for a new challenge to sign for United after a call from his former manager and then United boss Louis Van Gaal. But in the twilight of his career, he never succeeded to produce his old form and only managed 18 Premier League appearances in an injury-disrupted campaign. Following Van Gaal’s sacking next season, he was frozen out by Jose Mourinho next season. He left the club in 2017 playing just one game for Red Devils next year, that too in FA Cup.
Probably one of those very talents who was seen as one of the best recoups by the Old Trafford side in a long time. Mkhitaryan signed for United in 2017 coming off with two incredible seasons at Dortmund. He although struggled to replicate the same in his first season in Premier League but he helped United to clinch the Europa League, scoring six goals in 11 appearances in the competition. But he struggled to adapt to life in the Premier League and under Mourinho. And he eventually left the club in an ill-fated swap with Alexis Sanchez.
- Manchester United v Chelsea: 'Specialist in failure', eye-pokes and Mourinho's other best rows
- Arsenal and Manchester United target Leverkusen's Bailey
- Premier League: Scout report of Manchester United's Jason Sancho alternative
- Manchester United revenues suffer as players sidelined
- 8am Man Utd news LIVE: Saul Niguez £70m transfer ‘very close’, club working on another TWO signings, Jadon Sancho latest
- 8pm Man Utd news LIVE: Saul Niguez £70m transfer ‘very close’, club want another TWO signings, Jadon Sancho latest
- Man Utd share pics of stars including Fred and Martial on Fathers’ Day but furious fans demand new players – not pictures
- How seven Premier League loanees are enjoying life at Bundesliga this season
- 'La Bundesliga' takes Argentina by storm
- Bundesliga live blog: Bayern Munich vs Eintracht Frankfurt
- Bundesliga live blog: Hertha Berlin vs Union Berlin
- Rumour Has It: Ter Stegen set to sign new Barca deal, Madrid and Inter ask about Aguero
- Bundesliga: Hertha blow away Union to claim Berlin derby revenge
- Bundesliga: Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund impress ahead of Klassiker
- Bundesliga: Kai Havertz makes the difference again for Bayer Leverkusen
- Kai Havertz Bundesliga 2019-20 numbers compared with every Liverpool midfielder
- Borussia Dortmund vs. Bayern Munich: What the Bundesliga powerhouses can learn from each other
- Three underrated Bundesliga talents Premier League clubs should be looking for
- Jadon Sancho should reject Man Utd move and stay at Borussia Dortmund for Champions League guarantee, says Paul Lambert
- Man Utd news LIVE: Pogba ‘on verge of Juventus transfer’, Sancho pursuit LATEST, Euro finals ‘in August’
The four players Manchester United signed from the Bundesliga have 905 words, post on www.mykhel.com at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.