The annual Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special has been axed this year, thanks to coronavirus. But it's not all doom and gloom, because bosses have confirmed a replacement.
Instead of celebrities taking the ballroom by storm in the festive competition, Strictly: The Christmas Countdown will air, revealing the 25 most memorable dances of all time voted for by the viewers.
Although fans won't get famous faces battling it out on the dance floor this time around, they'll still be in for a treat as the new one-off will take a look back at the perfect 40s, the trophy-winning routines, dances that have made us laugh, and perhaps some that are remembered for other reasons.
A source for the show confirmed to Metro.co.uk that the new spin-off would be the only festive special this year.
Strictly has transmitted a Christmas special competition show since 2004, with Debbie McGee and Kevin Clifton being crowned the latest champs in 2019.
If that wasn't enough, the BBC One series will air a fourth special looking back at the best of the finals, reliving the nights where champions were made and dreams were realised.
Strictly: The Best Of The Final is set to celebrate the finalists, the emotion, and the incredible routines that have graced the Strictly final.
The show will also pay tribute to 2014 champion Caroline Flack , who died in February.
As previously announced, Strictly: The Best Of… series will also include the nations favourite moments from themed weeks, Movies, Musicals and Blackpool.
Hosted by Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman , each special will see the fab four judges, Craig Revel Horwood, Motsi Mabuse, Shirley Ballas and Bruno Tonioli as well all the Strictly professional dancers and special guests reminisce about the iconic dances, the high-octane group numbers and the standout moments.
That's all on top of this year's main Strictly series.
Aren't we lucky?
Strictly Come Dancing returns to the BBC later this year.
Got a story?
If you've got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected] , calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we'd love to hear from you.
- Travel Picks: Top 10 Christmas lights displays
- It's always a very friendly Christmas in Viet Nam
- Venezuela arrests former oil bosses in corruption purge
- WHAT'S ON DECEMBER 1-15 (DAILY UPDATE)
- Cowell team plays down tensions at ITV, revelations
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 11/12
- I cannot promise when gridlocks will end, says Minister Thang
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 22/9
- Social News 8/10
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 3/1
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR DEC. 15-31 (daily updated)
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 16/12
- A rose-shaped candle
- Chelsea name Benitez interim manager
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 20-30 (daily updated)
- Art & Entertainment Headlines December 12
- ART & ENTERTAINMENT IN BRIEF 19/12
- Terry apologises for red card
- Art & Entertainment Headlines December 19
- WHAT'S ON NOVEMBER 15-30 (DAILY UPDATE)
Strictly Come Dancing’s annual Christmas special axed as bosses confirm replacement have 487 words, post on metro.co.uk at August 19, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.