In China, the number of fatalities claimed by the coronavirus is rising continuously. More and more people get infected on a daily basis in the city of Wuhan where the virus first broke out. A new 1,000-bed hospital, built by the government from scratch within ten days, is now operational. A second, 1,500-bed hospital will follow soon. At the same time, doctors and paramedics are reaching their psysical limits and running out of protective face masks and other medical equipment. China is a country in a state of emergency: people quarantined, schools and universities closed. China now needs international support and solidarity. Watch video 02:23 Share Beijing resembles ghost town Send Facebook Twitter google+ Whatsapp Tumblr linkedin stumble Digg reddit Newsvine Permalink https://p.dw.com/p/3XKzJ Coronavirus: China’s bustling capital shuts down Instead, here in the US and elsewhere we see the opposite: racist slurs targeting people of eastern Asian complexion are on the rise, both on Social Media and out in the streets. Twitter statements of that kind are also reaching the president of the US, Donald Trump, whose uninhibited and disdainful speech against people of color and women encourages many of his supporters to join him in stirring up sordid resentment against others, publicly and… Read full this story
- Why China fears sending the tanks into Hong Kong
- China: U.S. ‘Freedom of Speech Is Fake’ Because People Criticized LeBron James
- Hong Kong protests: Celebrities, big brands and China's media game
- China is Going After Boeing and Airbus' Jet Airliner Market Now
- In Critique of China's New Universal Health Care Plan Announcement
- Is China Hiding Its Real Population Figures? If So, We Have a Problem
- North Korean President Calls China's Military Weak, No Match For His Technologically Advanced Army
- Does Your Opinion Still Matter?
- China and the Future of Bio Weapons - Scary Stuff Indeed
- Hong Kong extradition protests: Do China demonstrations ever work?
Opinion: Let's show solidarity with China! have 318 words, post on www.dw.com at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.