(CNN)Nine football players at the University of Oklahoma have tested positive for the coronavirus, as the Big 12, its conference, continues to gear up for fall football. Head Coach Lincoln Riley made the announcement Saturday. The test results came back after the team had returned from a one-week break from pre-season practice. “We did conduct a Covid test as planned with our players last night, got the results this morning we had nine players tested positive for Covid. We had a couple of others that have been isolated due to… (contact) tracing,” Riley told the media in a video conference call on Saturday. Riley went on to say that he’s disappointed by the news. “We’ve done such a tremendous job this entire time. You know when (you) give players time, there is risk in that. This isn’t the NBA, we don’t have a bubble. We all have to continue to work to do a better job by all accounts. We’re still confident in the plan that we have,” he said. Read More The Oklahoma Sooners, part of the Big 12 conference, are currently scheduled to open the 2020 season at home against Missouri State on Sept. 12 — despite the… Read full this story
- Predicting the Outcome of the 2018 USU Football Season
- Drivers killed in crashes test positive for opioids and/or pot
- Drug suspect tested positive after probation test
- 3 Wayne State buildings test positive for Legionnaires'
- Big chains continue to dominate Hungaryʼs FMCG market
- Countdown: 50 things to watch for in the 2018 Arizona high school football season
- Big Law Alum Nets Big Payday to Lead Renegade Football League
- Couch: Michigan State's bounce-back football season bearing fruit on the recruiting trail
- Two key Cajuns' status uncertain for 2018 football season
- Wednesday's blog: Latest transfer links & Pulis's key players
Nine University of Oklahoma players test positive for Covid-19, as Big 12 continues to plan for fall football season have 291 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 15, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.