BRITAIN is set to be battered with more wet weather as the tropical storms continue. The Met Office has issued yellow weather warnings until Monday night, with the south and Midlands due for thunderstorms. Here is where they are and how to track them. Where are there thunderstorms in the UK today? The Met Office has issued a yellow storm warning for almost all of England and Wales that is due to continue into the night of Monday, August 17, at least. Southern parts of England will be worst hit, with areas around Maidenhead and Berkshire taking a severe battering. The weather warning means some homes and businesses could be flooded rapidly, or damaged by hail and lightning. Storms are expected to engulf England and those thinking of driving have been warned to take the poor conditions into account when heading out.Crews were pictured rescuing drivers trapped in their cars in Hertfordshire after heavy downpours yesterday. The Met Office has warned 30 to 40mm of rain could fall in an hour in the South today, with the potential for 60 to 90mm in the space of a few hours. More thunder and lightning is on the way, which could push… Read full this story
- Beast from the East 2021 map: Where will the cold weather and snow blast hit?
- Norad Santa tracker map – Where is Father Christmas now? Track his latest movements LIVE
- UK snow map: Where has it snowed and will it settle?
- Beast from the East 2021 map: Where will the cold weather blast hit?
- Brexit news latest – UK has a ‘great future’ after trade deal as four Navy warships patrol English Channel
- UK schools closing LIVE – GCSE and A-Level exams cancelled as Gavin Williamson set to address MPs
- UK weather: Storm Bella to cause chaos on Boxing Day with 70mph gales and severe flooding
- UK weather – Beast from the East set to return ‘to bury UK in snow’ and bring -10C freeze
- UK weather – More SNOW and ice warnings with six inches to fall in just 48 hours before New Year
- Rain, thunderstorm, hailstorm likely at these places till January 5 night; check cities
Lightning map live and UK thunderstorms tracker: Where are the storms today? have 346 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.