One of Australia’s most notorious child killers could be released from prison in a matter of months after applying for parole. Kevin Riley, now 59, and his brother Jim were convicted of the horrific rape and murder of seven-year-old Shaun Phillips in 1988 – a case which remains one of South Australia’s most infamous crimes. The child killer is now appealing to be let out of jail after 32 years, but Shaun’s father, Gary Phillips, has called for the paedophile to be left to ‘rot in prison’. Crown prosecutor Ann Vanstone told the Supreme Court at the time of the trial that Kevin’s brother Jim said the chilling words ‘I’m going out to get a boy’ before snatching little Shaun. One of Australia’s most notorious child killers could be released from prison in just a matter of months (pictured, Kevin Riley with an inmate in drag at an infamous prison party) After Jim abducted Shaun near his home in the Adelaide suburb of Cowandilla, he then took the child to Kevin’s flat several hundred miles away. Riley, who was 27 at the time, watched his brother, 28, sexual assault Shaun, strangle him, smash his head with a tomahawk and hold his… Read full this story
- Boy, 16, found guilty of abducting, raping and murdering six-year-old Alesha MacPhail
- Police release image of man wanted in connection with death of seven-year-old Joel Urhie
- Parents are STRUGGLING with this seven-year-old’s homework – can you work it out?
- Man found guilty of murdering 90-year-old retired farmer Paddy Lyons
- DNA on cupboard drawer helped catch man who murdered 87-year-old
- Alesha MacPhail’s twisted killer Aaron Campbell’s sick social media boast after murdering six-year-old – as his YouTube is deleted
- Teen who raped and murdered 6-year-old Alesha MacPhail identified for first time
- Cops rule out man arrested in connection with seven-year-old Joel Urhie arson murder
- Prosecution closes its case in trial of man accused of murdering 90-year-old retired farmer
- Fife paedophile who got 13-year-old pregnant is back in prison
'Let him rot in prison': Vile paedophile who raped and murdered seven-year-old schoolboy Shaun Phillips could be back on the streets within months have 333 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.