Two goals from Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang saw Arsenal recover from the shock of going behind early on to Christian Pulisic’s slick finish.
Lampard said Chelsea’s season reached a “tipping point” as he pointed to the injury blows they suffered, with hamstring issues forcing captain Cesar Azpilicueta and the lively Pulisic off, before substitute Pedro was carried away with a suspected dislocated shoulder.
Chelsea also had Mateo Kovacic sent off after 73 minutes, damaging their hopes of getting back on level terms.
— The Emirates FA Cup (@EmiratesFACup) August 1, 2020
Lampard told BBC One: “We started well for 10 or 15 minutes, scored a goal, had other chances, controlled the game, and we could only blame ourselves from that point in football terms, because we decided to take control, as in ‘let’s get complacent, let’s take our time on the ball, let’s try and play short passes like it’s a bit of a stroll’.
“A cup final can never be a stroll. We allowed them back into the game and when it’s like that it’s hard to get yourself back in the game.
“We did in the second half for big periods, but a lot of today was on us.
“We were slow, played back on ourselves, invited pressure. We didn’t perform well enough to win a final.
“It all came together for us today, didn’t it! We were below par after the start, two hamstrings, dislocated shoulder. Willian was injured yesterday and had to pull out of the game.
“We’re at the end of a long, long season … it felt like it came to the tipping point a bit today.”
- Joe Cole hails Frank Lampard for ‘galvanising’ Chelsea and flogging David Luiz to Arsenal after Champions League triumph
- Manchester City survive late fightback to enter League Cup final
- Brighton Edge Past Derby County To Enter FA Cup Quarter-Finals
- Premier League: Chelsea rocked as Gosling gives Bournemouth shock win
- Bournemouth shock Chelsea at the Bridge
- Chelsea vs Bournemouth: Dan Gosling's Late Strike Stuns Chelsea At Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea kid Tariq Uwakwe signs new deal as club look to keep young stars due to transfer ban
- Bayern Munich mute ‘2012’ and ‘Drogba’ after drawing Chelsea in replay of epic Champions League final
- Chelsea starlet Reece James to be fast-tracked to first-team within three weeks by boss Lampard
- Eden Hazard says Europa League win with Chelsea would be 'perfect farewell'
- Chelsea must be patient with kids or risk Mount and Hudson-Odoi becoming next De Bruyne and Salah
- Chelsea academy flop Jeremie Boga wanted by Barcelona – but Frank Lampard can re-sign him for £3.5m with transfer clause
- Chelsea misfit Pedro, 32, admits shock Barcelona transfer return is ‘possibility’ as he nears end of contract
- Chelsea outcast Olivier Giroud wanted by Atletico Madrid and Inter Milan in transfer window after lack of game time
- Willian suggests new Chelsea contract is near after talks
- 1pm Chelsea news LIVE: Tomori signs new deal, Boga to Barcelona, Ake transfer from Bournemouth LATEST, Neymar eyed
- Chelsea want £130m for Eden Hazard
- Chelsea blow as ‘Kante plots summer exit for fresh challenge’ – with Real Madrid his preferred destination
- Phillip Cocu Replaces Frank Lampard At Derby County
- Chelsea flop Jeremie Boga wanted by Barcelona – but Frank Lampard can re-sign him for £3.5m with transfer clause
Lampard criticises 'complacent' Chelsea as FA Cup final injuries hit Blues have 687 words, post on www.mykhel.com at August 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.