Thiruvananthapuram: Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Friday announced that he and seven of his cabinet colleagues have decided to go into self-isolation after Malappuram Collector K. Gopalakrishnan tested Covid positive. However, Governor Arif Mohammed Khan, who had accompanied Vijayan to Kozhikode to visit the survivors of the Air India Express flight from Dubai, which skidded off the runway and fell into a gorge on Friday evening leaving 18 dead, and inspect the accident site, will not isolate himself. Gopalakrishnan had been coordinating the rescue and relief operations at the accident site. Chief Secretary Vishwas Mehta will also isolate himself. Consequently, Vijayan will not unfurl the tricolour at the main Independence Day function here, with Devaswom Minister Kadakampally Surendran stepping in for him, in the ceremony which will last only 10 minutes.
- Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan announces special action plan for Kasaragod
- Gulf returnee with no links to Abdul Azeez tests COVID-19 positive in Pothencode
- Coronavirus: Prince Charles ends self-isolation after contracting COVID-19
- 93-yr-old Kerala man, 88-yr-old wife cured of Covid-19
- Covid-19 positive case from Mysuru has no travel history. But don’t get scared yet
- Coronavirus COVID-19 spread: HRD Minister emphasises on continuing students' education digitally
- Kerala to test if someone has even one or two Covid-19 symptoms, says CM Pinarayi Vijayan
- Wadala housing complex under complete lockdown as foreign returnee resident found COVID-19 positive
- Tamil Nadu: Wife of COVID-19 positive man dies of respiratory problems
- Prince Charles out of isolation after contracting COVID-19
Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan self-isolates after Collector tests Covid-19 positive; Devaswom Minister to step in for Independence Day ceremony have 236 words, post on bangaloremirror.indiatimes.com at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.