Hanoi (VNA) – A dialogue with the theme "Sustainable Maritime Development: Sharing Vietnam and EU's Perspectives" took place in Hanoi on August 19 with over 150 in attendance.
Co-organised by the Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam, the EU Delegation to Vietnam , and the Konrad Adenauer Stiftung political foundation from Germany, the dialogue is an opportunity for an exchange of opinions on sustainable maritime growth and boosting cooperation between Vietnam and the EU in this regard.
It consisted of four sessions on the sustainable development policies of both sides, marine environmental management, a sustainable blue economy, and new trends in maritime-related issues and the future of Vietnam-EU maritime cooperation .
Speaking at the opening session, Dinh Toan Thang, head of the Foreign Ministry's Department of European Affairs, said the dialogue is a meaningful activity and marks the 30th anniversary of diplomatic relations.
He affirmed that the Vietnamese Government values international maritime cooperation, particularly with experienced partners like the EU.
As part of the EU-Vietnam Framework Agreement on Partnership and Cooperation (PCA), the two have committed to increasing the protection of the maritime and coastal environment as well as reinforcing the effective management of maritime resources towards sustainable development.
Echoing that view, Ambassador Giorgio Aliberti, head of the EU Delegation to Vietnam, said EU-Vietnam ties have never been as close as they are now, particularly after the two signed a free trade agreement.
He noted, however, that engagement in blue growth remains limited.
He hopes the dialogue will contribute to further clarifying the EU's maritime policies./.
- Vietnam, Russia agree to bolster economic cooperation in new situation
- Vietnam actively engages in cooperation to ensure nuclear security
- Vietnam and ASEAN seek closer cooperation in maritime transport
- The ‘bridge’ between EU and Vietnam: EVFTA
- RoK, Vietnam target more trade, comprehensive alliance
- EU nations ready to support ASEAN in green development
- Vietnam, Singapore reach consensus on directions for all-round ties
- Vietnam, Singapore strengthen strategic partnership and recovery cooperation
- 'We see Vietnam as an increasingly important regional strategic partner': Australian Ambassador Mudie
- Bilateral trade between Singapore and Vietnam reached S$27 billion (RM83.7 billion) in 2021 amid Covid-19 pandemic
- Japanese investors said hopeful about Vietnam’s growth
- Swedish Ambassador: Vietnam on right track in ensuring gender equality
- Nike's supply chain in South Vietnam fully recovers
- Before Ukraine Invasion, Russia and China Cemented Economic Ties
- Vietnamese navy boosts cooperation
- Vietnam to host meeting of ASEAN Maritime Transport Working Group
- France warship visits Vietnam
- ASEAN Maritime Transport Working Group completes agendas
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS FEBRUARY 27
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS MARCH 12
Dialogue looks at Vietnam - EU maritime economic cooperation have 414 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at August 19, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.