Sputnik is live from London where protesters are holding a march against police brutality in commemoration of Mark Duggan’s killing by armed police in 2011.
The protest is organised by local anti-violence advocacy groups Tottenham Rights, The 4Front Project and Black Lives Matter UK among others under the slogan ‘No Justice. No Peace.’
29-year-old private taxi driver Mark Duggan, a father of four, was killed in August 2011 in a shootout with police. His death prompted a wave of unrest across the country. In 2013 a public inquest found that his killing was lawful.
Follow our live feed to find out more
- London rioters using BlackBerry Messenger to organize
- Hackers attack BlackBerry blog, threaten employees, after RIM agrees to help London police
- Khan’s London: Lead Surgeon Says Hospital Like Afghan War Zone, Two More Killed Overnight
- Jeff Sessions Honors Law Enforcement Sacrifice, Achievements During National Police Week
- Barack Obama, John Lewis discuss Martin Luther King Jr.'s legacy in new video
- Husband of wife killed in Rice-area bicycle accident files court order
- Halloween chaos erupt in Hong Kong as police unleash tear gas and tackle costumed activist after mask-donning protesters defied ban in fresh rallies
- Motive of Toronto van driver who killed 10 remains elusive
- TECH TREK London Police Now Pen Pals With BitTorrent Operators
- Why 3,000 (More) People Won’t Fix Facebook’s Violent Video Problem
- Mark Zuckerberg makes surprise appearance in Chinese cop documentary
- ‘Watch Dogs 2’ video shows off new multiplayer mode, cooperative stealth
- ACS euthanizes 33 of 49 dogs seized from Southwest side home soiled with feces, urine
- Ten Hurt as Bonfire Explodes at Jewish Festival
- 38 Best Android Wear Apps And Watch Faces From 12/3/15—3/4/16
- Office automation is about to lead to a 'massacre of the Dilberts'
- 30 new and notable Android games from the last week (3/21/18
- The feds are investigating a Tesla Model S that crashed while on Autopilot as the driver used her phone (TSLA)
- LG G5 Review: A Bit Of A Mess, Frankly
- A time when hope replaced repression
Demonstrators Take to Streets in London in Commemoration of Mark Duggan's Killing by Police - Video have 315 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.