HOPES for a breakthrough in a coronavirus vaccine have surged following a breakthrough in trials by US firm Novavax, which said its drug had produced “high levels” of antibodies in test patients. Novavax Inc said on Tuesday its experimental COVID-19 vaccine produced high levels of antibodies against the novel coronavirus, according to initial data from a small, early-stage clinical trial. The announcement saw the company’s shares go up 10 per cent, while the organization’s research chief Gregory Glenn told Reuters the late-stage clinical trial could potentially glean enough data to obtain regulatory approvals as early as December. The company said it could start a large pivotal Phase III trial as soon as late September, and on a conference call added that it could produce 1 billion to 2 billion doses of the vaccine in 2021, Reuters reported. The Maryland-based company said its vaccine NVX-CoV2373 produced higher levels of the antibodies in healthy volunteers after two doses than those found in recovered COVID-19 patients. The addition of the company’s Matrix-M adjuvant, a substance designed to boost the body’s immune response, enhanced the effect of the vaccine, Novavax added.In one of Novavax’s trials, 56 volunteers produced a high level of antibodies against… Read full this story
- As U.S. Orders 300 Million Doses of Coronavirus Vaccine, About 25 Percent Say They're Not Interested in Taking One
- A quarter of Americans say they will NOT take a coronavirus vaccine - while 36 percent say they would trust it LESS if Trump said it was safe
- Coronavirus vaccine doubts raised as monkey trial shows it is 'only partially effective'
- 'It can prevent pneumonia': Oxford professor running coronavirus vaccine trial comes out in its defence after all of the monkeys given the treatment catch the disease
- Early results from Moderna coronavirus vaccine trial show participants developed antibodies against the virus
- Oxford moving to next phases in coronavirus vaccine trials
- US Stocks Surge on Promising Coronavirus Vaccine Test; World Markets Post Gains
- University Of Pittsburgh Researcher Says Coronavirus Vaccine Could Take Until Early Next Year
- With big talk and hurled insults, the gloves come off in the race for the coronavirus vaccine
- Everything We Know About Moderna's Coronavirus Vaccine
Coronavirus vaccine hopes as US firm Novavax says trial drug has produced ‘high-levels’ of COVID-beating antibodies have 360 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 5, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.