A British boy is fighting for his life in hospital after plunging from cliffs on the holiday island of Formentera. The unnamed boy, who had just turned 13, suffered a “severe” head injury according to health officials. He was initially taken to Formentera Hospital before being transferred by helicopter to a second hospital on another of the Balearic Islands. It is unclear this morning which hospital he is being treated in. Health officials initially said he had been taken to Son Espases Hospital in Majorca, although one well-placed source said he was in a private clinic in Ibiza. Have you been affected by this story? Email [email protected] The circumstances surrounding the incident, which happened around 1.30pm yesterday in Punta Prima on Formentera’s north coast, is under investigation. The injured youngster is understood to have been enjoying a trip with an outdoor activities firm at the time. Although emergency responders have said the boy fell from a height of around 26ft, some conflicting reports put the height he fell at between 30 and 50 feet Firefighters rushed to the scene along with local police, Civil Guard and paramedics mobilised by a regional government-run emergency response centre. The youngster was pulled from… Read full this story
- Still ashamed of Britain, Lily? Boy, 13, who broke singer's heart when she met him in the Jungle arrives to start his new life in UK - but fears remain over how many others are REALLY children
- 'They Call Us Monsters' director Ben Lear on seeing three teen boys stare down life in prison
- Police: SC Boy, 13, Fatally Shoots Burglar With Mom’s Gun
- British Transport Police fights terror with terror
- Boy, Bye: Pro-Life Congressman Who Suggested Mistress Get an Abortion Will Resign
- Boxing Fans Riot After Local Boy Loses Fight
- Riding lawnmower plunges off Ohio cliff; man killed
- 13-Year-Old Md. Boy Drowns in a Lake on Birthday
- Shooting Leaves 6-Year-Old Philadelphia Boy 'Riddled With Bullets'
- How 'child' migrants are straining the care system - and British children are paying the price
British boy, 13, fighting for life after plunging 30ft from Balearic cliffs have 336 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.