A man’s body has been recovered from the water at a beauty spot in Norfolk, police have confirmed. Officers were called to Bawsey Pits country park near King’s Lynn at around 11.30am, where a man was in difficulty in the water amid the UK heatwave. Tragically he was later pronounced dead. Superintendent Malcolm Cooke from Norfolk Constabulary said: “Colleagues from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and East of England Ambulance Service assisted officers in the search. “The body of the man was recovered from the water and he was sadly pronounced dead at the scene. “Our heartfelt condolences go out to his family at this time.” Earlier a spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service told the Eastern Daily Press that two water rescue boats, four fire crews and a drone were sent to the scene. A drone joined the search from the air as police and paramedics stood by at the scene watched by crowds of sunseekers. There have been frequent warnings about the dangers of swimming in the former quarry pits at Bawsey Country Park in recent years. The former sand workings have underwater obstructions and steep sides, meaning there are sudden changes in depth. Signs are in… Read full this story
- The invasion of 'Chelsea-on-Sea': Mayor of Salcombe hits out at 'disrespectful' tourists failing to socially distance as millions of staycationers continue to stream into Britain's beauty spots
- Mum whose son drowned at quarry urges action after lockdown heatwave deaths
- Britain braces for 77F 'mini-heatwave' as 600-mile 'subtropical swell' is set to send temperatures soaring from Tuesday
- 8:00pm UK weather news LIVE: Hottest September EVER forecast after record ‘polar plunge’ Bank Holiday washout – LATEST
- Summer heatwave kills thousands of fish leaving them rotting in the sun as environment chiefs battle to stop more deaths
- UK Weather forecast – Brits to be hit by flash floods and battered by thunderstorms as ‘biblical’ deluge continues
- Lightning map live and UK thunderstorms tracker: Where are the storms today?
- More than 100 water voles are set to be released in Yorkshire to boost the survival chances of the endangered species
- Girl, 3, who was 'always smiling' found dead in flat as man and woman arrested
- What IS going on with the weather? UK hit with SNOW in the West Midlands after three days of thunderstorms, lightning and floods (but don't worry, a heatwave is on the way from next week)
Body of man pulled from water at beauty spot as heatwave sweeps UK have 391 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.