Crowds of people descended on a London police station to support rapper Wretch 32 – whose father was Tasered by police – and to protest ‘police racism, police violence and police impunity’. The crowd gathered peacefully in scorching temperatures to hear speeches and demonstrate outside Tottenham Police Station. Activists spoke to crowds near signs reading ‘defund the police, invest in our lives’ and ‘1,750 deaths in police custody or following contact with police in England and Wales since 1990’. Musician Wretch 32, whose real name is Jermaine Scott, posted a video on Twitter of his father Millard Scott, 62, falling downstairs after being Tasered by officers in north London in April. Wretch 32 could be seen mingling in the crowd on Saturday, as protesters spoke of their own treatment at the hands of police. He told the crowd: ‘I am saddened that we have to be standing here today. I feel that as a community, as a people, that we are over-policed and under-protected. ‘We don’t feel protected. My dad did not feel protected. The police are supposed to protect and serve. When they came into the house, what exactly were they serving with that Taser?’ Crowds of people descended on a… Read full this story
- John Boyega details being stopped and searched by police and admits fears he would not 'have a career' after his impassioned speech at a Black Lives Matter protest
- Black Lives Matter: Will Britain change? Hard facts laid bare in Race And Revolution TV show
- Seattle City Council Approves 17% Cut to Police Department's Budget
- Lewis Hamilton and PHE professor Kevin Fenton top list of Britain's most influential black people in year of BLM protests and Covid-19 pandemic
- How BLM supporters threw FIREWORKS at Trump supporters as they ate dinner and a knife-wielding woman taunted MAGA fans in violent DC clashes - as media is accused of 'ignoring' violence
- Black activist jailed for his Facebook posts speaks out about secret FBI surveillance
- Capturing the cry for change: photographers on the BLM protests
- Colombian Cops Killed, Maimed, and Sexually Abused Protesters During Anti-Police Uprising
- Council was ‘racist’ for trying to rename Plymouth square honouring slave trader and naval commander Sir John Hawkins after city’s black football legend Jack Leslie, court hears
- Obama reveals daughters Malia and Sasha both took part in anti-racism protests this summer 'without any prompting' from him or Michelle, and admits: 'I couldn't have been prouder'
Black Lives Matter activists descend on Tottenham police station to support rapper Wretch 32 after his father was Tasered by officers - in protest nine years after death of Mark Duggan have 387 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.