PIERRE-EMERICK AUBAMEYANG twice refused to commit his future to Arsenal after his double fired them to FA Cup glory.
Skipper Aubameyang scored either side of half-time to help the Gunners come from behind to win 2-1 at Wembley, and earn a place in next season’s Europa League.
But asked if he could tell fans anything about his future, the Gabonese striker – who has been linked with Barcelona – said: “Nothing. Just today and the trophy. That’s it.
“I am not thinking about this. I just want to enjoy it with the guys and take the trophy now.”
That was enough to convince BT Sport pundit Rio Ferdinand that the Arsenal skipper is leaving.
The Manchester United legend simply said: “He’s gone.”
Gunners boss Mikel Arteta was more optimistic, insisting Aubameyang WILL extend his contract, which runs out next season.
Asked if the Gabon international will agree a new deal, Arteta told the BBC: “I think he will, yes.
“He knows what I think about him. I want to build the squad around him. I think he wants to stay and it is just about getting the deal done.
“But I think these moments will help him to realise and believe that we are in the right path and he is a big part of that.
“He is loved by everybody at the club. Hopefully he can continue with us.”
This was Aubameyang’s second Wembley double in a matter of weeks after he was also the hero in Arsenal’s semi-final win over Man City.
Speaking after full-time, he added: “I think everyone gave their best today and we deserved it. The journey has been long but today we enjoyed it.
Most read in Football
Spurs offered Watford captain Deeney as cover for Kane after Parrott’s loan
Fergie ‘suicidal’ for making United go toe-to-toe with Barca in CL says Rooney
Paul Scholes flouts local lockdown rules by throwing huge 7-hour birthday bash
Watch Wright celebrate and Ashley Cole fume as Arsenal score in Chelsea win
Lampard slams ref and VAR for sending off Kovacic in fiery FA Cup final defeat
DIV US A MINUTE
Aston Villa eye up Divock Origi after battle to avoid relegation in 2019-20
“It was a great evening, I will enjoy it tonight for sure.
“It was a poor start but everyone reacted with the right attitude and we did it.
“I am so happy for the team and the boys.”
- Ramona Bachmann at the double as Chelsea seal FA Cup win over Arsenal
- Liverpool 1-0 Shrewsbury Town: Reds' next generation make FA Cup progress
- Tottenham 3-2 Southampton: Lucas and Son rescue Mourinho's men in FA Cup thriller
- Liverpool 1 Shrewsbury 0: Ex-Man Utd kid Williams’ own-goal sets up Chelsea clash for young Reds in FA Cup
- Pablo Mari arrives in London ahead of Arsenal transfer as Edu chaperones defender from Rio to complete deal
- Shkodran Mustafi injury will NOT force Arsenal into panic transfer buy, insists Mikel Arteta
- Alexandre Lacazette must step up for Arsenal in absence of partner-in-crime Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Arsenal target Kurzawa has been lost in a haze of shisha smoke and a bad entourage – but there’s a star there somewhere
- Flamengo chief claims Arsenal’s Pablo Mari transfer stalled because Gunners ‘changed the terms’ at last minute
- Chelsea favourites for last top-four spot but Man Utd and Tottenham to push them all the way despite nightmare fixtures
- Layvin Kurzawa’s Juventus transfer ‘on verge of collapse’ giving Arsenal fresh hope in signing left-back
- Arsenal transfer deal for Mykola Matviyenko is ‘agreed’ and Gunners will sign defender if they can’t land Pablo Mari
- Arsenal post photo of ‘two GOATS and a camel’ as Aubameyang and Lacazette trek through desert during Dubai training camp
- Arsenal agree £4.2m loan deal for Flamengo’s Pablo Mari with Arteta getting option for permanent transfer in the summer
- Liverpool are greatest team in English football history – forget Man Utd’s Treble-winners and Arsenal’s Invincibles
- Arsenal new boy Pablo Mari is Man City flop who rebuilt career at Flamengo in Rio with beach-mad wife Veronica
- Harry Kane could be back for Tottenham's final two Premier League games, says Jose Mourinho
- Mesut Ozil reveals he will stay at Arsenal ‘this season and next’ despite more transfer speculation
- 11pm Transfer news LIVE: Mbappe Real Madrid terms AGREED, Pogba LATEST, Man Utd and Chelsea Werner boost
- Under-fire Woodward eyes summer signings
Aubameyang refuses to commit future to Arsenal despite his double firing Gunners to FA Cup final glory over Chelsea have 770 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 1, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.