VW’s “industrial cloud” was designed in partnership with Amazon Web Services and eventually will link more than 120 VW factories around the world to the automaker’s 1,500 suppliers and their 30,000 plants.The portal is intended as a place to exchange data and software to help accelerate the digitalization of factory processes from stamping to painting to machinery maintenance, according to Nihar Patel, VW’s executive vice president for strategic core projects.VW has opened the portal to the first group of supplier partners, led by Siemens AG. Those partners are expected to contribute software applications to be shared with VW and among themselves, in what the automaker described as “an App Store approach.”Among the initial wave of supplier partners are ABB, the Swiss industrial automation specialist, and Durr, the German supplier of automated paint systems and plant engineering services.AWS will help manage the portal and will provide a range of cloud-based support services, including data analytics and computing, according to Dirk Didascalou, vice president of the Internet of Things at AWS.VW, the world’s third largest automaker by market capitalization behind Tesla Inc and Toyota Motor Corp, has been working on the industrial cloud for several years with AWS, one of Amazon’s fastest-growing,… Read full this story
- Amazon’s ‘The Grand Tour Game’ links the company’s TV arm with video games and the cloud
- Hemp, Inc. Looks to Open Industrial Hemp Processing Centers Nationwide as Company Ramps Up New Product Launch
- Amazon bets on boom in Middle East as big tech rivals play catch-up
- Amazon is planning a push into digital advertising in 2018, challenging Google and Facebook
- These Are The People Behind Million-Dollar Sales Of Companies That Sell On Amazon
- Daily Drive-Thru: 2016 sets new car sales record; Volkswagen adds R-Line to Atlas; Ford gets Wi-Fi, Amazon Echo, and more
- As fears cloud net neutrality debate, is common ground being overlooked?
- How a single mom of a 13-year-old CEO learned to be more confident—and scored a meeting with Amazon
- As Walmart and Nordstrom show, the future of shopping is here
- Cramer Remix: Amazon is the Death Star
Volkswagen sees Amazon-built 'industrial cloud' as future B2B marketplace have 344 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at July 23, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.