“The Runway to Recovery identifies a series of actions that airports and airlines should implement across all operations and all phases of travel to, from, and within the United States,” the release said. The measures, described in the release as “guidance” as opposed to regulations, would require passengers and staff to wear facemasks at all times when inside airports and on airplanes. Passengers would also be required to provide contact information in case they test positive or are otherwise stricken with the novel coronavirus when traveling, so that contact tracing could begin immediately, the release said. In addition, the release called for unspecified though frequent “health checks” of passengers and staff, separating passengers and crew while minimizing in-person interaction and shared objects, documents and surfaces. The release noted that many of the recommendations are already being implemented by airlines, such as the facemask requirement for passengers and crew, however details such as social distancing rules appear to be left up to the industry. For example, United Airlines on Wednesday dismissed the notion that blocking some seats onboard would keep passengers safer, while competitors Delta, JetBlue and Southwest say they block some seats, according to media reports.
- Transport Secretary pressed on delays to new ferries
- Transport secretary accused of sidestepping Wick PSO issue
- U-turn on college transport rule for vulnerable teens
- Finland features, Ursula undone & airline angst
- How the EU wants countries to tweak transport policy
- School transport problem continues for Delabole parents
- Village bypass makes transport review
- Councillor challenges transport minister over improvements to A9
- Lufthansa profit warning hurts ‘miserable’ airline stocks
- These are the least punctual airlines at Bristol Airport
US Issues COVID-19 Guidance for Airlines – Transportation Secretary have 264 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 2, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.