UFC stars are turning knock-turnal in Abu Dhabi in their desperate bid to stay awake for their early morning shows. The MMA promotion is hosting a series of shows in the Middle East to get around the USA coronavirus lockdown restrictions. But they are holding the bouts between 4am and 8am local time to maximise PPV sales back home in the USA. Abu Dhabi is 11 hours ahead of the US’s West Coast, including their Las Vegas home, and eight hours ahead of East Coast states like New York. The wild schedule – which main-card fighter Page VanZant knew nothing about just a couple of weeks out of her eventual first-round battering – is almost certain to cause crippling jet lag. But Jorge Masvidal and British MMA pioneer Paul Daley used to beat opponents and clocks by ignoring the sun and moon and staying on their home time zones.Miami-based superstar Masvidal looked a little sluggish during his failed bid to dethrone Kamaru Usman of his welterweight crown – and it might have been down to more than the six days’ notice he had to be a last-minute stand-in. ‘Gambred’ revealed that, on top of the 20-hour flight across the North… Read full this story
- Petty cause of Piers Morgan and Dan Walker's toxic feud which is destroying breakfast TV
- ‘Outlander’ Season 5 Finale: Claire, Mackenzies’ Fate Revealed, Plus EP & Star Tease What’s To Come In Season 6
- I'm A Celebrity 2020 line-up: Rumoured cast from Clive Tyldesley to Carole Baskin
- Zhang Weili determined to tame the 'Thug'
- The 43 best movies on Disney+ right now
- The 40 most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The Story Behind Raiders Of The Lost Ark
- The 30 best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- Meet Jon Batiste, Stephen Colbert’s Crowd-Thrilling Rebel Bandleader
- Judd Apatow: The Rolling Stone Interview
UFC stars forced to turn nocturnal for Fight Island with bouts being held between 4am and 8am to appease US TV audiences have 295 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.