Mini budget 2020: the key points Summer statement: How the new stamp duty rules affect you Russell Lynch: Rishi Sunak’s VAT cut is not enough to make me a happy camper Tom Harris: Rishi Sunak may end up driving Labour further Left into irrelevancy Coronavirus latest news: Deputy CMO urges Britons to get fit and healthy to fight second wave Subscribe to The Telegraph, free for one month Rishi Sunak has unveiled an “eat out to help out” discount scheme, as part of a £30bn plan to rescue the economy from the coronavirus-induced recession. The Chancellor said participating restaurants would be able to offer half price meals every Monday to Wednesday throughout August, and be reimbursed by the Government within five working days. He also confirmed £2bn to help a “young jobs revolution to get hundreds of thousands of young people into work” and an immediate stamp duty holiday for six months, on properties valued up to £500,000. And the Chancellor pledged to give businesses a £1,000 “furlough bonus” if they bring staff back on in full time work until January He told MPs: ”Leaving the furlough scheme open forever gives people false hope that it will always be possible to return to the jobs they had… Read full this story
- New chancellor Rishi Sunak challenged over hedge fund past
- Budget WILL happen on March 11: New Chancellor Rishi Sunak rules out delaying crucial financial package in wake of Sajid Javid quitting - amid claims higher earners could be stripped of 40% pension tax relief
- Rishi Sunak, Narayana Murthy’s son-in-law prepares for UK budget
- Boris Johnson and new Chancellor Rishi Sunak ‘could strip higher earners of their 40% pension tax relief’ in next budget
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak 'SCRAPS plan to slash pension tax relief in next month's Budget' after backlash from Tory MPs
- There's a new Chancellor in town: Grinning new boy Rishi Sunak takes centre stage at Boris Johnson's new-look Cabinet... as Dominic Cummings sets up shop in the Treasury after brutal defenestration of Sajid Javid
- Grant Shapps says Budget may be MOVED from March 11 after Sajid Javid's shock replacement as Chancellor by Rishi Sunak
- Who is Rishi Sunak’s wife Akshata Murthy?
- Why our ‘exceptional’ new Chancellor Rishi Sunak, 39, is the bright person for the job
- Chancellor Rishi Sunak to move Treasury officials up north
Rishi Sunak offers the country a free lunch with 'eat out to help out' plan have 375 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.