PHIL NEVILLE’S son Harvey has signed his first professional contract with Manchester United.
The Old Trafford hero was one of the first to comment on his 18-year-old boy’s Instagram post confirming the news of a one-year deal.
Neville, who plays as a defender, wrote: “Proud to have signed my first professional contract with @manchesterunited.
⚽ Read our Man United live blog for the latest news from Old Trafford
“Thank you to all my family and coaches for their support.”
Neville senior replied with red, white and black circles, representing United’s colours, and a heart emoji.
Chelsea and England legend John Terry also commented: “Congratulations.”
With Phil as a dad and Gary as an uncle, you would think Harvey had no choice but to play for United.
But he joined Man City as a kid and signed for Valencia’s youth team when his old man was a coach there during Gary’s time as manager.
He did start out in midfield but switched to right-back – where his dad and uncle both played.
Most read in Football
FOOTBALL NEWS LIVE
Chelsea and Man City reach Champions League final, Neymar latest updates
Harvey returned to United in 2018 and has impressed at Under-18s level in the academy.
He has been involved in the Republic of Ireland youth set-up rather than England.
Neville will now hope to become a regular fixture in United’s U23s.
Simon Jordan says Harry Maguire is a 'good central defender', but is 'gobsmacked he's an £80m central defender'
- Transfer news LIVE: Man Utd four-deal deadline, Arsenal £71m release clause, Chelsea exit
- Ronaldinho's son signs professional contract with Cruzeiro
- Two Manchester United players sign new contracts
- Man Utd turned down chance to sign Arsenal star Martinelli despite Red Devils appearance
- Man Utd to sign James from Swansea for £15m
- Man Utd told the striker they should have signed this summer as transfer failings analysed
- Daniel James girlfriend: Who is Man Utd star dating and do they have children?
- LIVE Transfer Talk: Man Utd willing to pay Sanchez to play for Roma
- Casey Stoney: Man Utd 'can change the face of women's football'
- How much Man Utd will pocket if Ronaldo moves to Juventus for £88m
Phil Neville’s son Harvey signs first professional contract with Man Utd on one-year deal have 460 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 6, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.