Russia rejects the United Kingdom’s accusations of having a role in any cyberattacks on Western institutions involved in coronavirus vaccine research, presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said. “We find such accusations unacceptable,” the spokesman stressed, speaking to reporters on Thursday. “We have no information on who could have hacked pharmaceutical companies and research centers in the UK. We can say only one thing, Russia has nothing to do with these attempts,” he added. Earlier in the day, the UK National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) accused Russia-linked cyber actors of attempts to steal data on the development of an anti-coronavirus vaccine, suggesting that a group called APT29, also known as “the Dukes” or “Cozy Bear”, was behind the hacking attempt, and was “almost certainly” tied to Russia’s state intelligence services. The Russian Embassy in London dismissed London’s claims as “propaganda,” an official telling Sputnik that when it comes to cyber threats, Russia has been offering to engage in professional dialogue between cybersecurity experts of both countries “for several years now.” “British authorities are aware of the existence of the Russian National Computer Incident Coordination Centre specially created for this purpose. However, we have not received any requests in connection with the… Read full this story
- Seoul Accuses N Korean Hackers of Stealing Cryptocurrency Worth Billions
- Claims About Alleged GRU Cyberattack on UK-Based TV Inconsistent - Embassy
- How 'dirty money' from Russia flooded into the UK – and where it went
- Russia, UK to Eventually Restore Good Relations - Foreign Intelligence Head
- US to impose sanctions on Russia over Skripal poisoning
- The rise of Russia’s neo-Nazi football hooligans
- Number 10 Accused of Sitting on Info Co-Submitted by Former Head of MI6’s Russia Desk - Report
- Analysts Say US, UK Election Hacking Ops Far Surpass Alleged Meddling by Russia
- Macron hackers linked to Russian-affiliated group behind US attack
- Can US election hack be traced to Russia?
Moscow Refutes UK Claims That Russia-Linked Hackers Tried to Steal Data on COVID-19 Vaccine have 307 words, post on sputniknews.com at July 16, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.