A MARRIED police officer has admitted causing the death of his long-term lover – but denied her murder. Timothy Brehmer is accused of murdering nurse Claire Parry, 41, who died in hospital after she was apparently strangled in a Dorset pub car park. Today, the 41-year-old police officer from Hordle, Hants, appeared at Winchester Crown Court for a plea and trial preparation hearing via video link from HMP Exeter. He wore a dark grey t-shirt, glasses and was unshaven. Brehmer pleaded not guilty to murder but entered a guilty plea to a charge of manslaughter. Prosecuting, Kate Brunner QC, told the court: “That is not an acceptable plea, there was intent so we will proceed to trial on count one.“This defendant murdered Claire Parry who died of injuries caused by compression to her neck.” The victim’s husband, Andrew Parry, who is also a Dorset Police officer, was in the public gallery for the hearing. Brehmer, a police constable with Dorset Police, is to stand trial on the murder charge on October 12 at the same court with a pre-trial review on October 6. Judge Jane Miller QC told the defendant: “We have made arrangements for your trial, it’s going to… Read full this story
- Attorneys for Midland Park machete murderer quit abruptly, sentencing delayed
- Leon Rosby trial: Hawthorne police officer testifies he didn’t want to see dog die
- Kenneth Hernandez denies charges in shooting of Springfield police officer Edwin Irizarry
- Bill would require release of suspended, terminated police officers’ names
- Video: Trooper offered to destroy evidence against Knoxville police officer
- Was a killer filmed on his way to committing a murder?
- Dad speaks out after Cassie Barker targets his parenting at hot-car death sentencing
- Footless killer whines about having to hear from murdered woman’s family, but judge tells the ex-cop to sit there and take it
- Children left in cars: Mississippi death cases
- Closing arguments set for Monday in death-penalty trial of man charged in slaying of Cleveland car dealership owners
Married police officer admits manslaughter of his lover found strangled in pub car park but denies murder have 324 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 8, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.