Musician Brandon Howard and friend of the late Benjamin Keough has spoken out about the tragic death of Elvis Presley’s grandson. Keough, the son of Lisa Marie Presley and grandson of the King of Rock ‘n’ Roll died by suicide in Calabasas, California, on Sunday at the age of 27. In an interview with People.com, Howard said that his friend suffered from depression, which he feels was exacerbated by the coronavirus pandemic causing people to stay at home. He also said that Keough struggled with the pressure to live up to the Presley family name, saying that this pressure contributed to his friend’s struggles. ‘That kind of pressure is definitely a part of what happened,’ he told the website. ‘It’s a tough thing when you have a lot of pressure with your family and living up to a name and an image. Elvis Presley’s grandson and Lisa Marie Presley’s (left) son, Benjamin Keough (right) has died from a reported self-inflicted gunshot wound. He is pictured with his mom in 2012 ‘It’s a lot of pressure. It’s almost like you’re pressured into having to be a musician, having to be an actor. It was good for him to go around the world and… Read full this story
- Grenfell Tower fire victim named as Sheila Smith, family reveal heartache at the great-grandmother’s death
- Chilling final words of family-of-five trapped on 17th floor of Grenfell Tower
- Haunting final words of Italian couple trapped in fire-ravaged Grenfell Tower as they called their parents to say goodbye
- I’m relieved our MPs will have a say on Brexit – too much is at stake to skip on debate
- One family’s mental wellness story: Ask the question
- In Alaskan hometown, Native women say police ignored rapes
- Letters: Students plan to 'keep all my friends' with civility
- GUEST COMMENTARY: Why Rusty Buckalew should not be put to death
- GUEST COMMENTARY: Why Rusty Bucklew should not be put to death
- Cologne stands still to tell crash victims' relatives and friends: 'You are not alone'
Elvis's grandson Benjamin Keough struggled with 'pressure' of Presley family name prior to his death, says friend have 335 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.