Joaquín ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán will be filing an appeal to be released from prison one year after a New York federal court sentenced him to life behind bars. Guzmán is currently locked away at ADX Florence, a supermax security prison in Florence, Colorado. The 63-year-old co-founder of the Sinaloa Cartel and his attorneys have until August 21 to submit their appeal in an attempt to get his conviction, which includes an additional 30 years, tossed out, according to CNN. ‘Mr. Guzmán remains focused on his appeal which is what we are working on right now,’ said his lawyer, Mariel Colón. Scroll down for video Joaquín ‘El Chapo’ Guzmán (pictured in 2017) is planning to appeal his conviction to win his release from prison a year after he was sentenced to life plus 30 years in prison El Chapo (pictured in the red circle) was transferred from a New York City federal jail to a super maximum security prison in Colorado on July 19 last year, two days after he was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in jail El Chapo is allowed to spend up to three hours outside the concrete jail cell where he is spending the… Read full this story
- Son of drug lord Joaquin 'El Chapo' Guzman kidnapped in Mexico
- New US extradition warrant for 'El Chapo'
- Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' moved to jail near US border
- Wife of 'El Chapo' drug lord has no knowledge he trafficked narcotics
- Mexico suspects 22 officials of helping 'El Chapo'
- Mexican judge backs US extradition of drug lord 'El Chapo' Guzman
- The man, the myth: 'El Chapo's' drug dealings
- Mexico aims to extradite "El Chapo" to US by February
- Imprisoned Mexican drug lord El Chapo is ‘going crazy’ in his cell after his lovemaking time was cut from four hours to two
- Mexican drug lord 'El Chapo' pleads not guilty in federal court in New York
El Chapo will file an appeal to be released from super maximum security prison one year after being sentenced to life plus 30 years behind bars have 311 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 22, 2020. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.